Another reno I didn't want to start

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Depreciator, 23rd Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

The upper and lower panes of glass move at the same time. So when the bottom pane is lifted up, the top pane slides down. Apparently it's great for air circulation i.e. the warm air in a room can escape out the top.

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Sounds like a clever invention.
    I'd like to find some windows that I've seen in Europe.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Nice windows. Will it have a flyscreen?

4. Depreciator

Those windows have been around for a while. Aneeta were the company who started doing them, I think - their name is certainly synonymous with that sort of window. Other companies now do them, too, which is good because Aneeta are really slow.
    They're a favourite of architects because of the clean look. What is interesting is that they can retrofit them in openings where there are existing aluminium or timber windows. So they keep the aluminium or timber frame around the outside, and their system can be inserted into it.
    They come in pieces, too. So the installers arrive with half a dozen different bits of aluminium and a couple of panes of glass and they get assembled in situ.
    Yes, they have flyscreens. They were only an extra $60 per window, which surprised me.

Westminster likes this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Well thanks to you @Depreciator when my builder asked me 'Do you want Aneeta windows at your servery' I knew what they were talking about!

I had seen but never knew the name before. I think we are going to go for fixed at the top and slide up. As we want to pass through the bottom of the window we are going to look at a retractable fly screen - fly screens are a must here.

I couldn't find aneeta style windows (ie not from Aneeta) here in WA but think the window was going to be $1000 so not too bad.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

You could have replied "Aneeta bigger window!"

Westminster likes this.
  7. Depreciator

'Aneeta' has sort of become the generic term for sashless windows. Sort of like how 'Hoover' is the term for vacuum cleaners. (And 'Depreciator' for depreciation schedules.)
    I imagine Aneeta patented this system, but other people do sashless windows now. Maybe they do them under license?

Chrispy, Bran and Westminster like this.
  8. Depreciator

Okay, so Mimi's room is done (apart from the hardwood window reveals). The back wall with the blocked doorway into the warehouse looks great. I like seeing the history of the building.

Attached Files:

Toon, Gingin and Westminster like this.
  9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I LOVE that look. Very industrial. Nice work!

10. Depreciator

The teenager doesn't appreciate the industrial look - she asked me yesterday whether I was going to finish that back wall soon. She is chuffed about the size of the room, though, and looking forward to moving back in there and reacquainting herself with all the stuff that's been in boxes for a few months.

Chrispy likes this.