Analytics roles related to investing?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Niche, 15th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am hoping the wise people of PC can give me some ideas on a current dilemma I have. I was wondering what analytical roles are out there that are related to property/investing in general. I am currently working as a Data Analyst and I love numbers but I feel like I would get more enjoyment out of my job if the numbers I was looking at were related to a topic i had a greater interest in.

If anyone could give me some ideas around what kind of roles are out there or where the best place to look is I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
    Niche

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Have a look at the commercial property owners, there's plenty of analytical roles for bods capable of driving Cougar etc or other feasibility software, determination of IRR & NPVs for valuations and purchase.

Niche likes this.
  3. propertywatcher

propertywatcher Member

There are plenty of real estate focussed firms playing with big data atm.
    - Corelogic
    - REA Group (realestate.com.au)
    - SQM Research etc.
    - Even Empower Wealth has a couple of big data irons in the fire (e.g. LocationScore & SuburbGrowth), but they seem fairly rudimentary still (could be a good thing if they take off - they'll need people)

Niche likes this.
  4. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Finance Companies, Fund Managers, Private Equity etc.

Lots of organizations have dealings in property as part of their transactions or asset books. You could have a look through the ASX200 to get a view on some suitable organisations :)

Niche likes this.
  5. Ben Kingsley

Ben Kingsley Well-Known Member

We will need people in the new year. Our Research Business - Select Residential Property which includes LocationScore.com.au and SuburbGrowth.com.au is expanding on the back of increasing demand for our data and insights - stay tuned and watch this space

craigc and Niche like this.
  6. korando1234

korando1234 Well-Known Member

Heaps of roles like this with banks and lenders too

7. Thomacino

Thomacino Well-Known Member

-Real estate agents, however the successes hinges on your property rent roll or the ability to obtain listings.
    -Finance, broker or direct mortgage relations.. however will be much slower paced..
    -Property development analysts, will need a degree to be tasked to a team of experienced developers..
    -Property valuer, degree required, after obtaining chances are you will be a mortgage purpose valuer, excellent way to get real time trend of property prices in an allocated area, requires some mild research and is repetitive.. opens doors to specialized vals such as property dev, feaso studies, comm, land values, comp acquisition etc.

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member