An investment in knowledge pays the best interest'

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Matthew D, 23rd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Matthew D

Matthew D Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Long time reader first time poster.

After reading a few threads on this forum, i was like Wow! i'm so suprised at all the tips/advice shared by all the experts. From the property managers to financial planners, accountants to brokers, this place is a gold mine for property investors.

First of all, I'm a 24 y/o born & bred from south-western Sydney. Currently a licensed Air conditioning and Electrical technician.
    I purchased my first IP in south-western Sydney late 2013, and literally just settled on another towards Maitland. (In the process of finding tenants).

To be honest, I did not have an investment goal during my first two properties. It was only up until very recently after watching a tonne of investment videos on youtube and reading forums that it would benefit to have goals set. (Yes, I've realised that I'm totally opposite of the quote from Peter Lynch, 'Know what you own, and know why you own it').
    In saying that, I have my sights set on earning a specific amount of passive income per year so i would not have to rely on my business in the next 10-15 years to support a family.

I've seen the emphasis on having a good 'team' in assisting an investor on reaching their goals. I do not see myself as having a 'team' just yet, as every time i get a loan, it'll be directly from a random lender from one of the big four over the phone and same goes when tax time comes around etc. I hope i'll be able to build relationships and a team to not only reach my goals, but also to help other forumites climb that one inch closer to their business goals.

Once again, I'm so pleased to have stumbled across this forum.

Thanks for reading!
    Matt

Gockie, Perthguy and Jess Peletier like this.
  2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @Matthew D - we also started at 24. Well done on the early start. It means you have way more property cycles under your belt - provided you choose well!

All the best.