An Evening with Bill Shorten

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Angel, 4th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I have just been given a position in the audience for one of those televised poll/focus group type events later this week. Bill Shorten will be there to answer questions from the audience. Is there anything you would like me to ask him?

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Mr Shorten,
    I have been told by both sides of politics that there will be no old age pension for my generation. I have therefore diligently acquired assets (property, shares, superannuation) sufficient to support me to the end of my life. I also have medical insurance so I do not become a burden to my fellow Australians.

I have always worked within the laws and taxation structure of this country and paid any taxes and levies due.

My question is, how can I be sure that my hard work will not be punished by a future labour government in a retrospective changing of the superannuation rules and reduction of the taxation benefits previously given to property investors?
    Regard
    Heinz

Ardi, Mooze, Cem and 5 others like this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Like it!

4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Do you have a bag of rotten tomatoes or can I provide you with one?:p

THX, Sackie and Heinz57 like this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Mr Shorten,do you think Kevin-Rudd will be become secretary general of the united nations,or the daughter of a former communist oligarch,Irina Bokova who has the experience as Director General of the some what powerfull UN Education Scientific and Cultural Organistation,or will his fate be the same as what happened when you became the leader of the Labor party as history flows forward..

6. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Why is there no consensus within government? Do you believe its the role of the opposition party to oppose every single policy of the elected party rather than seeing merit where there is merit and finding common ground in order to further progress our country? What is your priority, the country or to undermine the Liberals.

Lizzie, Barny, orangestreet and 4 others like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Neither, its to get in bed with the useless Greens for a long slumber. THEN undermine the libs.

alexm likes this.
  8. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Tell him he needs to improve his hand shake. Like a limp lettuce leaf with no emotion.:p

As to questions, when is he going to pass the leadership to someone who we may actually vote for.

Magnet likes this.
  9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

OK, so this is the goss.

It was at the Redcliffe RSL and televised on Skynews. I got to ask a question which, in my true out there manner, got a reaction. Of course the weather today was perfect and the bay looked awesome.

My question was a longer and more tactful version of : The rest of us have to tighten our belts, will you propose a bill to change the Politician's over generous Super scheme to be more aligned to ours. His answer was stating that it already is, then he went on to talk about the inequality of pay for women who work in female-dominated caring professions that have always been undervalued compared to physical labour and intellectual professions. He also wants to get all workers on 12% super. I listened to him answering more questions after the TV show concluded and he stated that he wants the super rules to be overseen by an independent committee who will report back about what is working and what isn't. He said he doesn't like how the rules keep changing so much. Earlier on camera he had stated that as far as negative gearing goes, his policy is to keep the goalposts stable for those who have made big financial decisions planning for their retirement.

Perthguy, willair and Heinz57 like this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Which direction was the wind blowing?

11. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Or pig flying

Propertunity and Scott No Mates like this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

So - in usual Shorten fashion he side stepped the actual question and launched into a rhetoric about something he had already pre-planned.

Doesn't he understand that it is so refreshing to see politicians actually answer the question ... even if it is with a non-committal answer

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Yep, he did that with every question asked. Nothing new.

Perthguy and willair like this.
  14. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

They just shut-down the AC units,and blow all the fire dampers so no can see where it's all coming from ,as MrShorten knows full well from his past union high end days, Astrology can not be disproved..