NT Alice Springs/NT info thread

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Switchtronics, 22nd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Momof2

Momof2 New Member

Hi, we are currently renting in Alice. I agree with the suburbs you have mentioned, and they would be the areas we would be looking. I probably phrased my last question incorrectly. We are thinking of buying a property but more than likely will not be staying here permanently. If we did buy a property to live in now, is it worthwhile renting it after we leave or just selling it. There are very few executive level houses available to rent here, and so many people here short term with high income so there is a market for them. There must be a reason other people don't invest in this type of house for rentals here, just not sure what it is.

2. Switchtronics

Switchtronics Well-Known Member

The rent yields are quite strong I would suggest the remoteness of the place and capital growth that can be stronger in other areas. I can't see you going wrong with a purchase it is cheaper than renting and very little competition for rentals in the premium market when you go to rent. The rental will pay the mortgage

3. tjd73

tjd73 New Member

I am living in Alice Springs. I’m interested in ex-base housing. Do you know how long vacated base housing takes to become available on the open market?

Maybe this isn’t predictable I.e Araluen area.

Cheers, Tim

4. Switchtronics

Switchtronics Well-Known Member

Did you end up buying any houses?