Alibaba - Jack Ma

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Gockie, 24th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

His book is worth reading. When I was in Guangzhou the bookstore was full of his books,all written in Chinese.the store also plays videos of his interviews.

Xenia, Sackie and jins13 like this.
  3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I really like Jack Ma. I am a firm believer of his views that if a company does well, sack the manager in charge and not the foot soldiers. I think it's a disgrace that in Australia, we seem to reward executives that perform poorly and give them a 'going away present' in the remuneration of millions of dollars. Maybe if I unperformed at work, maybe I'll get a pay rise and promotion.

korando1234, Xenia and Sackie like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Jack Ma is inspiratonal.

Xenia likes this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Very switched on

6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Deep Throat: The BABA 20-F....Financial Comedy Gold!!

$Baba VIE structure

[​IMG]

The VIE structure was created two decades ago to help skirt Chinese rules restricting foreign investment in a number of sensitive industries such as media and telecommunications. In a VIE, a Chinese company sets up an offshore company for overseas listing purposes that allows foreign investors to buy into the stock

Piston_Broke likes this.
  7. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

That guy has some very interesting content.
    And it does make Alibaba look like an accounting scam.

i joined about 20 yrs ago and it's always been a junk shop and many scammers scammers.
    Almost everything brand name is fake, and even most of the oem products are scams.
    Maybe it's different for the locals or if you're buying off people you know.

Given the money involved from ownership of Blackrock, Vanguard and State street I doubt those articles will come to anything.

8. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Fella has grit and determination, unorthodox if you will....if I only had 5% of his grit and will power. I've used aliexpress on several occasions but only for hard to get parts here in Australia. Their interface and system is woeful - seemed like something from the early 90s, but delivery is relatively quick in my experience.

Anyone here aware the Alibaba is more than a platform? They've dabbled into cloud computing, EVs, RISC-V Chips and of course financial services?

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member