Air BnB Brisbane - best location for $$$

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Rich2011, 20th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Am thinking to buy a property in Brisbane in a good growth area with the intention to maximise rental return/income by doing full time Air BnB, anybody like to comment on suburbs where this could be best achieved? Budget would be anywhere up to 800k. House or unit? Cheap or more expensive place? (Am reluctant to look at unit's due to the reported upcoming oversupply) Am thinking closer to the city would be best.

Anyone care the share their BnB experience in relation to income and vacancy in Brisbane?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi Rico,
    I've found staying in Townhouses with a host great when I've travelled interstate. Especially if they give you a clean modern bathroom all to yourself. The whole townhouse tends to be modern and clean too.

Otherwise a private granny flat behind a PPOR is a great thing to have.

Otherwise... unit in CBD however that's not something i'd recommend as investment advice for Brisbane and Melbourne due to oversupply. Sydney is ok though.

Last edited: 21st Dec, 2015
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

You should be reluctant on anything that is strata, because your going to be abusing the other owners & probably shut down, your also exposing everyone else to your risks.

Councils are also cracking down on this, so you would be wise to check what the local council think of short term rentals, should any neighbors make a complaint.