AFRICAS TOP 10 of SHAME

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Chilliblue, 16th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Vietnam War:
    "Uppsala University in Sweden maintains the Armed Conflict Database. Their estimates for conflict deaths in Vietnam are 164,923 from 1955 to 1964 and 1,458,050 from 1965 to 1975 for a total of 1,622,973"

Vietnam War casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Laos:
    "From 1964 to 1973, as part of the Secret War operation conducted during the Vietnam War, the US military dropped 260 million cluster bombs – about 2.5 million tons of munitions – on Laos over the course of 580,000 bombing missions. This is equivalent to a planeload of bombs being unloaded every eight minutes, 24 hours a day, for nine years – nearly seven bombs for every man, woman and child living in Laos.

It is more than all the bombs dropped on Europe throughout World War II, leaving Laos, a country approximately the size of Utah, with the unfortunate distinction of being the most heavily bombed country in history."

Land of a Million Bombs | Legacies of War

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the sources.

What I wanted to throw into the conversation is that you cant say that just one country killed
    2 million people. We agree that there were 2m killed altogether then - any one country isn't responsible for all the deaths.

3. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

i think you missed the whole point of @mrdobalina 's post.

4. THX

THX Well-Known Member

What do you expect from someone who ignores all the other participants in the first and second indochina wars.

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Maybe. Can you please fill me in.

Secondly Aaron, I may not have gotten your meaning on thermite. Are you suggesting that Silverstein has been investigated for deliberately bombing his own building? What I read this afternoon implied to me that he had a go at defrauding the insurance company and he got away with it. I do have a confession - when googling, I randomly select a sample of articles to read, not all of them.

Who actually is suggesting that Silverstein loaded his buildings with thermite then arranged for some kamikaze pilots to fly into the buildings, setting off a chain of events that eventually lead to him not recovering enough insurance payout to rebuild the towers.

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

BigKahuna, Wall Street and mrdobalina like this.
  7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I'm really confused. What thread are you naughty little children following on from?

8. mrdobalina

I'm not sure if I had a specific point. Just pointing out facts that a lot of people are completely unaware of.

War is terrible, for all sides. There are no good or bad sides. There is no good or evil. Only casualties... And legacies that last many generations.

9. mrdobalina

Holy moly. I just read the last few pages of the Donald Trump thread. By complete unintentions, this thread started discussing the same theme the other thread was.

@THX ... I am picturing you as one of those people protesting in front of an American abortion clinic, because your church priest told you the bible said it was evil.

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Yes.
    I was responding to the suggestion that the USA caused all the deaths in the Vietnam wars. I wasn't particularly aware of how many casualties. I was aware of the Swedish findings, but had forgotten the stats.

11. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

To try take this back to the original topic, the United States may have blood on its hands, but not that of it's own citizens.

The original post was quite specific in naming rulers of countries in Africa who have the blood of their own citizens on their hands.

By all means, create another thread to discuss conspiracy theories.

12. THX

THX Well-Known Member

That does not make much sense since I am an atheist.

13. THX

THX Well-Known Member

It's a real mental health issue hence my sincere opinion he get help.

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

No you're not, you are being rude and childish. The article you linked to shows that it is easy for people with mental health issues to accept conspiracy theories. It does not suggest that people who believe conspiracy theories have mental health issues.

BigKahuna and wogitalia like this.
  15. THX

THX Well-Known Member

I hate to invoke Godwins law, but are you suggesting there were no good side or bad side in WW2? That the NAZI's and Japanese were equal to the Allies? That's quite a ridiculous moral equivalence argument you're making here from any angle..

T.C. likes this.
  16. THX

THX Well-Known Member

I've stood in multiple times now on the site of the former WTC, looked at the thousands of photos of the ''missing'' and listened to their names read (which takes over 4 and 1/2 hours mind you), there is nothing rude or childish about my opinion that belief in conspiracy theories such as this are a form of mental illness (supported by studies) and I do not say so lightly hence my opinion he should seek help or at least read about why he may be prone to believe the outrageous.

17. mrdobalina

Do you pack your automatic assault rifle when you go to the shops when you're in the US, cos it's your second amendment right to bear arms?

18. THX

THX Well-Known Member

Nope. Have never touched a gun in my entire life and that would not be my second amendment right as I am not American :)

19. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

I chose to commence a separate thread because

a. I needed to prove to @THX that I can string two sentences together in answering his questions and am able to provide facts to my points
    b. Did not think it was appropriate in the Donald Trump for President.

20. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

People become so over invested in these threads. Agree to disagree and instead put effort into improving your own back yard:

Give up your seat on the train/bus to the person who needs it more.
    Help out at your children's school.
    Volunteer at the local hospital/PCYC/wherever needs you.
    Be one of those people who others feel fortunate to have met.

You'll have more success improving the world by doing those things rather than arguing about atrocities on a real estate blog...

Wall Street and mrdobalina like this.