Adelaide Development

Discussion in 'Development' started by Spets, 20th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

I would only do 1 into 3 if I was going to build - smaller blocks really put people off, they need to see finished product.

My duplex blocks in Highbury are 240sqm and 218sqm - if/when I went to sell the size of the land wouldn't be noticed near as much as when it's vacant land.

Going 1 into 2 still leaves a lot of options for those wanting to build

Spets and Perthguy like this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Makes sense. 6 metres is very narrow.

Spets likes this.
  3. Mushka1979

Mushka1979 New Member

Hi Guys,

Have been doing some research Into subdivision of my land and came across this site/forum and indeed it looks like the right place to fire some questions..

Just wanting some educated opinions on developing the land I currently live on and have done for the past 30yrs,
    It's quite a unique piece of land in Dernancourt one of not very many that directly backs onto the river Torrens linear park. I have had a couple of local real estate agents give me there opinions on pricing of the raw land if I were to subdivide and they were both very close in there opinions. Both also commented this is possibly one of the best locations in the area. So the block is 1260sqm with a frontage of 23m and tapers out slightly making the rear 26m and the depth is 52m roughly. It also slopes down from the road toward the park probably 2 meters overall from rear to road. My initial plan was to split it straight down the guts and selling one block of 630sqm and building on the other for myself. This would be my first time doing any development and would really like to hear your thoughts on things. Initially my thoughts were to top up the bank a little and cut my work mowing etc in half but maybe after 30years in the same house it's time to see what happens outside of the tea tree gully area. There have been a couple of sales near by fetching 1.2-1.3m range for nice houses on the same proposed 630sqm sized block. And if it helps both agents suggested 450k-550k per block.

Cheers and appreciate your thoughts

Ardi likes this.