Acreage vs smaller block living.

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Barny, 21st Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Really? Have you you pulled this off in the past? Kinda feel like it will **** everyone off and make it worse. Unless they are desperate sellers in a desperate market which it isn't.

2. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

For sure....but I belong to the school that you should miss out on as many deals as you get because if you didn't.....then you are overpaying.

And if you cant walk away from it an be happy to miss out on it when looking back....then why waste everyones time and meet their asking price as you are obviously the motivated party.

Barny likes this.
  3. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

So either you are the selling agent, or the agent is reading this thread knowing who I am. Had a call and has dropped the price a great deal ad very close to what my final offer was. Mentioned the owners really need to sell as it's health issues and wants to know what offer I can put in. Hmmmm was my thought. I came back with, you already have my best offer, meet my price and I'll sign what ever time frame settlement your sellers like. Said leave it with me.
    So that was an interesting turn.

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Ooooh exciting!!!

5. Westminster

I love vicariously living through people's offers and negotiations. I have my popcorn ready

And because I know this is going to be good news I have celebratory popcorn

[​IMG]

Biz and Barny like this.
  6. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Come on Barny pal, join the club!

jim1964 and Barny like this.
  7. Westminster

Here's some inspo

[​IMG]

8. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Since we are sharing our rural lifestyle shots in anticipation... get used to mowing :D

[​IMG]

Joshwaaaa, jim1964, Biz and 3 others like this.
  9. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Want to post mine but just waiting to go unconditional. Does an acre count as acreage though, possibly not? o_O

Barny, Westminster and DaveM like this.
  10. jim1964

jim1964 1941

11. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

haha

[​IMG]

and some local noisey buggers, corellas

[​IMG]

I missed this, but I'm keen on this. What have they been holding previously?

I throw my neighbour a few bucks to slash our paddocks, he has a nice cushy air con'd tractor and all the good gear.:p I'll buy a crappy tractor one day

Biz, Barny, Westminster and 1 other person like this.
  12. Trevor Mullins

Trevor Mullins New Member

I've been reading through this thread and just wanted to say good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Here are a couple of photos of my place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. Great pictures

Trevor Mullins likes this.
  14. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

So more games from the agent toady. Wanted to go see it again with my wife, she's been overseas and hasn't had a chance to see it in person, only pictures I've taken and through realestate.com. Anyhow agent said he couldn't get us through today as vendors in hospital and house is a mess. Texted him I didn't mind the mess just need the wife to actually see it. He came back with are you offering more? Sent back a text, how bout she sees it first and then see what we can do.
    Comes back with, vendor will be back from hospital on Friday so you can see it Saturday during the open inspection.
    2 hours later he sends me another text saying a couple have put an offer in for xxxxxxxx, and he can keep me in the loop. It's slightly above my final offer.
    Anyhow so I play along with the whole bullcrap game and wrote back, I've just signed on another property, but keep me in the loop in case this offer doesn't go through, but it should.

So all fun and bullcrap games, I'm ok with loosing the house so why not play along and talk crap lol.

15. Westminster

Grrrrr! good on you for having the gumption to rise to the challenge and play back.

Barny likes this.
  16. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

some amazing photos I'm seeing here

17. Westminster

Barney is there any opportunities to buy just land and build on it where you are looking? That's what we ended up doing - though it did delay things we do now have a double height workshop for a car hoist :p built into the house :p :p

Biz likes this.
  18. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

I want 5 aches plus by beach, fertile soil,, 2 hours from city, less than 200k, be my dream just growing veggies and fruit, watch the chickens in the morning...

Westminster, Barny and LibGS like this.
  19. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

The issue with the block we are buying or trying to buy is part bush with lots of established trees. If the land was bare then it wouldn't be difficult, since the new regulations the properties currently in place no longer fit under the new regs. If I did somehow get it approved, I'd be spending more than the budget also. All good though, I know in time there will be lots of properties that will hit the market and hopefully has a garage and hoist built under the home. That's so cool by the way.

20. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

That's what we're doing too. Just couldn't find something that ticked all the boxes. 1.5 acres came up and we pounced on it! Will end up costing us more than established but we will get what we want and it will all be brand new.

Westminster likes this.