Accountant Wollongong area

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Dbaker1202, 8th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dbaker1202

Dbaker1202 Member

Hi everyone,

I have purchased my first IP this financial year and am after some recommendations for an accountant. I live in the Wollongong area so ideally someone close by. However, I'm not averse to traveling to the southern Sydney areas. Ideally id like to go for an initial consultation before actually having to lodge a tax return just so as i can make sure i have everything in place beforehand and am on the right track with my loan structure etc. If any accountants on here don't feel like nominating themselves in the public arena then feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance for your valued input.

Cheers,
    Dan.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Nick Moustacas (@NickM) from Strategic Wealth Management has offices in Hurstville but also travels regularly to see clients in Wollongong.

Some other accountants to check out here: Service Provider Directory

3. Dbaker1202

Dbaker1202 Member

Thanks mate ill look into it

4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hey Dan

Do you need face to face? It can be quite inefficient (travel time, taking time off for appointments, etc).

These days everything can be done via email/phone - which also enables you to choose to work with any accountant in the country.

There's some good accountants on this forum.

Cheers

Jamie

5. Dbaker1202

Dbaker1202 Member

Yeah I Know I should get with the times, I'm not old (32) just old fashioned I guess. Ive just read so many times about connecting with the right people so I don't want to begin a relationship with an accountant only to find out later down the track that they are no good and doing me out of a lot of money, I've been through this experience with an inexperienced "professional" I've used in the past. And I figured if you're after a property savvy accountant then what better place to find one then a property forum.
    I'll try contacting a few members next week.
    Thanks for the reply.

6. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Nick has moved his office in recent months but still in Hurstville.