NSW A 'Western City' - Aerotropolis

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BKRinvesting, 20th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

So tonight I attended a market research event for Transport NSW on 'the future of transport'.
    First note: 'the future of transport' for NSW is all Sydney and greater Sydney metro related. (And I'm talking 40-50 years)
    No talk or consideration of rural or regional areas. They are still pretending we are landlocked.

Despite that,
    The idea of a '3 city' Sydney was discussed.
    The map looks like this:
    IMG_4220.PNG
    From here: Three Cities | Greater Sydney Commission

It's an interesting concept - but I have genuine concern that they are not planned or prepared with enough infrastructure to pull it off.

Parramatta is gaining traction - but it's been established for quite some time.
    They are proposing a whole now city in the 'west', centred around the airport.
    Not Penrith or even Liverpool. But a greenfields city.

It honestly has the potential to go either way.
    However, I can't help but think there's some money to be made in it. I haven't been interested in buying property for a while, with the focus on balancing my asset classes. However this has me interested again - when the market goes on sale (I can wait, it's government - it won't happen fast), I may well do some shopping.

Thoughts and discussion?

Tony Fleming likes this.
  2. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Western Sydney has so much potential over the next few decades. They will really need to work on the roads if that's their population projections. I've also been hearing rumours of planning to get the Richmond train line connected to Penrith to coincide with the major job hub they are putting in. Would certainly open up the Richmond/Windsor/Kurrajong.

BKRinvesting likes this.
  3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Really? - Infrastructure corridors have been mapped out for decades. I recall first seeing the outer orbital marked on old copies of the UBD street directories. That was 25+ years ago. More recently it got attention and there has been a consultation process ongoing that started 2 years ago.

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 9.48.36 pm.png

Under construction
    Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 9.56.14 pm.png
    In planning
    Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 9.55.14 pm.png

We also have two options being considered for extension of the Metro from Rouse Hill and Cudgegong Road.

nwrl-extension-corridor-options.jpg

If you do a bit of googling you can also find other options for the Metro. I personally would like to see the Schofields option implemented and for this to be connected to St Marys and down to Badgery's Creek. This would then complete a loop if Badgery's Creek was connected through to the Metro Extension being implemented through to Bankstown ( route options for this are also under consideration ).

Biz likes this.
  4. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Biz likes this.
  5. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

My concern was based more on the timing.
    Stage 2 metro timeline:
    IMG_4223.PNG

Ends 2024,

First estimates of badgeries creek airport operation around 2026 from what I could find.

Stage 2 metro only gets us to here:
    IMG_4222.PNG

Hence my thinking.

However I wasn't aware of the M9 proposal until you linked that above.
    Looking into that I found this:

https://www.rdasydney.org.au/imagesDB/wysiwyg/RDASydneyEmploymentLandsA3MAPS_3.pdf

Page 3 outlines the rail options.
    The timing of the delivery of those will be what's interesting.

My thinking is this riverstone expansion is known, and likely priced in.
    But looking to explore where will be the Schofields and Rivos for this new 'western city' before its notably priced in by the general public.

6. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Imagine if a 6 lane bridge was build over Galston Gorge to link Dural/Kenthurst with the F3/M1 at Hornsby.

There'd be lot lot of happy acreage owners in Dural and Kenthurst, if nothing else...

7. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

That would be good! The gorge during peak times really sucks.. and then there's always that one truck or bus that thinks they can make it through...

Ted Varrick likes this.
  8. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

If only they had a V8 Merc...