NSW A rural property/a house on acreage as IP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by larrylarry, 22nd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

I know prices are going crazy here at the moment. Kangaroo Valley is a little bit cheaper though, and beautiful (if you don't mind morning fog!)

2. Fielding

Fielding Well-Known Member

I live on 200 acers and we run beef cattle on it. There is a great deal of maintenance to be done on rural land. I would only buy when you are ready to use it. Invest else where till your ready. If you do want to get land look at northern table lands you can buy 5 acrers in community titles so the 5 acers is yours but you also get access to massive acerage that is shared. This could rage from 300-800 acers. This wouldn't be recommended for investment. Can pick them up for about 270k when i looked last year. I have friends that have bought and live there they love it.

larrylarry and Terry_w like this.
  3. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

Different state to you but it seems to be the same everywhere we are currently looking to buy 10 acres, its about 7 mins from the closest hub. Its currently tenanted for $450 a week and for sale for $650,000 in the hub 7 mins away house can be bought for 300,000 and rented for $300 a week. I know which id prefer for an ip

larrylarry likes this.
  4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

For sure.

5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Too much tied up to one property. You will never get a decent return on rural property that big. We'll not never, but will be extremely difficult. Unless you have the money outright to buy now, rent just for some income in the mean time. Then retire on it years later. But once again I'd say you would need little to no loans and be comfortable with any associated running costs until you retire.

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Thanks York. I guess I will have my dream set aside for a little while. Ah...can't resist the country charm.