A Re-Introduction!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Morgs, 13th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi Everyone,

I’ve recently signed up to the forum so I thought I should go ahead and introduce myself!

That said I’m not completely brand new, I’d simply not migrated my account over here from the Somersoft days where I joined in September 2006....

The two year hiatus I’ve had since November 2015 for the most time had been heavily invested in my JOB in the corporate world (they call it a “career” these days…) which meant I've been lurking but not posting.

But things have evolved beyond the job, and I’ve been fortunate enough together with my wife Melissa (@Meristone) to be in a position where we no longer need to rely on the weekly pay cheque having scaled our investments into a property business.

We are based in Rose Bay in Sydney and have two daughters under 5 years old which keep us occupied when we’re not working on our business interests.

We are currently doing small scale development in Sydney (Mel runs these) and I’ve turned my passion for property into a mortgage broking business – Freedom Funding.

I took inspiration in the name from the fact I’ve found the freedom to leave the corporate world and do what I enjoy every day! I’ve recently started a blog on the website and shared in details of how I’ve ended up a broker, hopefully this resonates with some of you out there:
    Blog

Signing up here again I thought I’d start getting active and involved to see if I can help others find whatever freedom they’re looking for. Along my investment journey I found a couple of key things were enormously valuable; self-education (this is continuous!) and getting perspective from other like minded and successful people.

In respect to that I hope my experience can help others and if there is anything you want to chat about feel free to reach out.

Look forward to meeting more of you in future!

2. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I wonder how many other husband/wife/partner teams are here on PC..?

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Welcome (back!)

All the best with your new venture :)

Morgs likes this.
  4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I absolutely LOVED the first entry in your blog- very inspiring (Wonder where the inspiration for my Christmas email came from hey @Meristone ;) ).

Just about to read the second entry now that you've directed me back to it....

Mel Morgan and Morgs like this.