A new (risky) business.

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by geoffw, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... it'd be great for accountants too ... actually ... any business that bills in increments a variety of services ... the bank account number for my royalties is ... :D

geoffw likes this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Revisiting this. I'm no longer actively involved in this, but still have a financial interest and keep in contact.

They are starting to get a traction. They have received a grant from the startup community (angel investors) for $45,000 - but more importantly, good business advice.

It's running in a number of Domino's and Zambreros with a great reception.

Perthguy, inertia and Kassy like this.
  3. geoffw

I'm back working for them - as "Customer Success Manager". It sounds a bit wanky, but it is not an uncommon job title these days. The job involves customer implementation and liaison, trying to ensure that they get the best possible value from the product.

Perthguy, willair and Kassy like this.
  4. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I feel thats a great title.

Its what the business does I assume ?

ta
    rolf

5. geoffw

The business allows jobs, especially in the fast food area, to be allocated by a manager, possibly remotely, and to have those tasks marked off on an iPad as they are performed by the staff. An off-site manager then has the ability to monitor the progress of jobs through the day, and also to monitor the performance of staff.

www.stakone.com

6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Good stuff @geoffw.

geoffw likes this.
  7. geoffw

The company was covered by local TV today

If you don't blink, you'll see my back on the left of the screen, with a striped jumper.

8. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Hi geoffw,
    Well done and remember never giving up and persistence is the key.
    The MAJOR key to your future is YOU!
    My background was IT and over 20 years ago or so I had similar situation to yours. Even though I liked IT I was terrified starting up and leaving what I studied for...
    Looking forward 20 years I have no regrets, had taken many risks, have learned heapsssss from businesses or investments made, yet my life is so much better and rewarding now!
    Many people dislike a change but now I understand it, embrace it and deal with it....that's what life is actually about, the sooner I realised it the better my life became.

lixas4 and geoffw like this.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

As an ex-McD's manager (10+ years ago), I can definitely see the value a system like that could have provided.

Can't see the Facebook link / TV coverage though...

Any tips on getting the news coverage? We're soon to release a major update to our startup's platform and working through a PR / marketing plan now :)

10. geoffw

I don't know if this link works differently. I assume you're logged into FB.
    StakOne in the news
    The coverage was accidental. The CEO was invited to fundraising in Singapore through the accelerator program he works with, along with 7 others. The accelerator posted a clip on FB, and the local TV news station say it and contacted him - as far as I know.

inertia and Guest like this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice