A house with land

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by The Sparky Investor, 7th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I know someone who does this and is subsidising their acreage lifestyle. They built a small unit to rent out, obviously needed approval but they did it. She works 1 day a week I think in a health role and has the unit and some cattle for income streams.

Barny likes this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I know my 10 acres in the Swan Valley rented for $350 a week but cost $1m. That's an awful lot of negative gearing. We have been approached by neighbours however to lease 8 acres of it to grow watermelons - but it's not much money.

Would you want to agist your horses on there whilst it's rented out?

There are a few multi purpose places in the $1m range which might help offset the poor rent 11111 West Swan Road Henley Brook WA 6055 - Lifestyle for Sale #7762473 - realestate.com.au

3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Isn't that an Australian horse? Thought medicare should cover that.

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Bumping an old thread...

We have been thinking about living on an acreage as it fascinates us a lot. A coworker bought 100 acres recently which is 2 hrs from Sydney and my desire to accomplish this kind of "re surged". But I am still not sure what would I do with those 100 acres. I am very inexperienced with gardening, animals and acreage living in general because I have never done that but I want to start it somewhere. With current low interest rates this dream looks possible but I don't know what will I do with it when I have it and how will I feel living in there.

One option is to rent for a few years and see how I feel. My ultimate idea is to use those acres for some type of business. Do I need council approval to use my block for commercial purposes?