A good reminder for new investors...

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by 733, 22nd Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 733

733 Well-Known Member

A short little article on the value of staying alert when attending 'property investment seminars' particularly for new investors to minimise earning too many scars through the learning by experience process...I know Martin and I got a few scars

http://www.finder.com.au/property-investing-scams

RM1827 and legallyblonde like this.
  2. Matty77

Matty77 Active Member

Nothing worse then seeing people getting brain washed over a 3 days conference and then running to sign up for stuff they dont need at the end of it. Not kidding I was at one the other day and this guys was discussing Options on the share market. I thought it was a bit meh, but when he finished he offered the first 35 people to buy his program 20% off tonite only, no kidding like 50 people just got up and sprinted to the stage and almost knocked him off the stage. I was shocked.... didnt expect so many suckers could be in one room...

733 and joel like this.
  3. House

House Well-Known Member

Good read. Was tempted a few times but always went home and followed up with Google searches. Actually how I found PI.com and then SS/PC. I still go but leave the credit card at home... Just in case.

Print up a few thousand copies of the article and sneakily hand them out before a seminar starts... Wonder what reaction that would get :)

733 likes this.
  4. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I have never made it to the end of a seminar to find out what they were promoting!

5. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

This sound extremely similar to a company some friends signed off with... How can you tell them this without them get offended? I feel like a moral duty to tell them but it could hurt the friendship...

6. 733

733 Well-Known Member

A really tough situation to be in RM1827...perhaps share some of your own experiences in a light way, offer to share some information/resources...then it is up to them ...

7. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

They have seen our way of investing is different and we have spoken about how a good located property though old is better because of the potential for growth but as the article mentioned, they have been brainwashed and with the depreciation coming it is hard to feel you did a bad investment...so far the have built 2 properties with this company one in a new estate in Qld north 2 years ago, where there are oversupply and plenty of land and where properties similar in age are selling at least 15-20% cheaper than what they paid... Second home now in Mandurah WA ...

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.