A expensive mistake needs to be remediated

Discussion in 'Development' started by BlcokMeOut, 31st Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BlcokMeOut

BlcokMeOut Active Member

Below is my current design of a new house. It is a corner block. In order for complying development, I put the garage (6m*6m with 1m setback to both boundaries) at the back with a 7M driveway in my backyard. The distance between my house and garage is now only 6m.

I was hoping the view for the outdoor area was not blocked by the garage. Now the build workis almost finished and I found the garage looks really big in the yard.

Painfully, I am considering redoing the driveway and the garage. Options in my mind are:

1. Apply DA to move the garage to the road boundary with 1m setback. It will block the view from outdoor area, but can avoid the driveway space waste. Potentially, I can put a pool at the back of the garage (area to use is 13m*7.7m).
    2. Have a narrow double garage along the back of my yard. The the depth of usable yard would be 8.5m depth * 14.7m (reducing the double garage width from 6m to 3.5m).
    3. a long car port along the back which can further reduce the width of car space to 3m and leaves the backyard depth to be 9m.

Can anyone give me some advice?

upload_2018-7-31_16-5-9.png

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Live with it for a while. You may come to accept it.

Clad it with a climbing vine to soften it a bit.

hobartchic likes this.
  3. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

I'd just live with it for a while too. Add some shrubs, flowers and grass and it will soften the view.