A deal l'm thinking about to get finance, even private !

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by random, 1st May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. random

random Well-Known Member

I hope this is ok to put here, l'm not actually advertising as such , just wondering but, if you did know someone l'd be happy to get a pm just the same.
    l am brand new to this forum but was in Somersoft for yrs, just hadn't made it over to this one as yet before now.

Due to divorce , l'm starting over but l'm self employed. l've found a cheap place l'd like to buy for me and my daughter. lt's on a double block, needs a light reno but it not only suits our needs, it's manageable and would scrub up really well but it has the double block, dividable later if l wanted or even put a rental on it which would pay off the loan. Not concerned about that right now only the house but just sayin.
    lt's cheap ,in a nice town vic sth west, close to a larger main town and repayments would be way less than what l was paying in rent earlier after we sold our house.

Thing is, l'm self employed, not much paper work right now either with the hassles of this last few years, marriage and all but l do still own outright a little double block in a country town with a small over night self contained cabin on it. Valued about 1/2 of the house price. I also had in rented out a few yrs back at 100pw. It'd also make a very nice little wkender escape or project.
    The house tidied up even without doing anything with the block would be worth at least 50-60% more in value, so there's plenty of security for the lender .

Given my self employed thing and circumstances right now, l'm thinking of offering a private lender or wrapper, my double block and cabin in exchange for a loan on this house and costs at a good rate.
    l know that might sound weird but l don't really want the cabin anyway but it would take time to sell it and this house will go.
    And, the house has more than enough potential should l want to do more with it anyway to make up for losing the cabin.

Sooooo, this is what l'm thinking, what do ya reckon?

Last edited: 1st May, 2016
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Who don't you see a broker and look into some lo doc loans that might be suitable for your self employed status?

3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

There are lo doc products which could potentially get this over the line - wouldn't necessarily need to go down the private lender route at all.

They won't be cheap, but if the relative loan value is small it's likely to not be that onerous in any case.

4. random

random Well-Known Member

Yeah , brokers are and option l suppose but to be honest, l'd just like it done and dusted in exchange for the cabin if that was doable.
    Someone sitting on cash, getting nothing, get some interest and a cabin , l get my house,
    Thing is, last few years with the divorce and all, lota stresses. Used brokers before, that can go on and on and on and often amount to zilch so, wasn't crazy about that one at this stage that's all.

ps , just in reply to wesminster below there , no l'm not putting anything to the sellers, would just like to find the money, put in an offer.

Last edited: 1st May, 2016
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

To be honest I don't think many sellers would go for the deal and it over complicates things. I think a more traditional product via a good broker would lead to a better outcome for both parties and more likely to be accepted by the seller.