A bit of top news

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Mombius Hibachi, 21st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

He should rot in hell for covering up crimes by the priests, and perpetuating an environment allowing it to continue to occur.

2. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Just be careful making assertions

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure why all the hatred directed at one man when the problem is widespread, with a lot of people who have been convicted of crimes against children.

I suspect that celibacy is one of the larger core causes.

wylie and thegreat like this.
  4. Chilliblue

@Geoff I think it was more an environment and a sign of the times where people unreservedly respected those in a higher position to themselves.

This type of scourge unfortunately was not restricted to one religion or culture as we have seen pretty much all the major religions have a conviction associated with their heads.

Lets all hope that the incidents are being reduced and there are no more systemic large scale cover ups.

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I agree that it's not restricted to one religion.

However an environment where people are expected to completely repress their sexual feelings is likely to magnify problems which already exist.

I don't want this to be seen as a Catholic bashing- celibacy is the issue. The sooner the church allows married non celibate priests, the better it will be for all concerned.

ellejay and sanj like this.
  6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

this one man happens to have been the highest ranked catholic priest in australia for a long time, has never been shy to step out into the limelight and try to influence public policy/debate to suit his religious views AND, currently is apparently the 3rd highest ranking catholic priest in the whole world according to something i read recently.

if anyone was going to be targeted it isnt hard to see why it is/should be him.

Esel likes this.
  7. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

8. Chilliblue

upload_2016-2-22_10-30-24.png

His Eminence George Pell AC was appointed in the position of Prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy in February 2014 which means he full authority over financial activities over the Holy See and Vatican City and reports directly to the Pope.

9. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Exactly. He's already guilty. Enabling pedophiles? He's a piece of s__t scumbag. Due process doesn't apply here, because the (metaphorical) blood is already on his hands.

10. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

inertia likes this.