VIC 600k - where to spend it? Lalor vs Werribee vs Corio

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nige12, 10th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. google boy

google boy Well-Known Member

@melbournian, Obviously, blawlyn, mckinoon, canterbury are 100 times better than northern suburb but every one cant afford. People like me starting with 2k travel cheque 7 years ago can afford big block land in northern and western suburb only at present.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Crimes happens everywhere - no doubt even in brighton, Toorak and some of the most exclusive areas in melbourne

Though there is a lot more crime in the north and west. Also the vibe as you know staying in the east is very different. you will encounter more crim looking individuals in the streets and surroundings and I can guarantee there are a lot of them in the north Lalor, preston, reza, Thomastown. I occasionally go to sign some documents verified at the south Melbourne/albert park Police station - no queues always great service you feel ok and safe.

I once went to a police station in the "NORTH" and made the mistake of going during the period of the bail sign off. This is when police release you from custody if you promise to go to court later to face the charges against you. To get bail , you may have to agree to conditions such as: "reporting to the police station". There was a queue like 30-40 guys (some had no teeth, aggressive, looks like they are on ice, some had a crosses tatooo on their forehead). and they report to the nearest police station from their home. You felt like you were in a jail surrounding . it is not as safe as the east that is for sure.

3. google boy

4. melbournian

LOL overpaid as suburbs like reservoir u still can buy below 800kish though a squarer block without a triangular and nearer to the station compared to that 580k one sold last yeah. yeah u must be jumping up and down that every rectangualr house on burton is now 800k congrats

google boy likes this.
  5. google boy

I am not bragging about it. I am just telling the truth about Lalor property market. I told u my goal is to keep 10-15 yrs. I hope it triple up mate. Poor people like me have to be rich one day

6. melbournian

@google boy hahaha is good to have belief lalor in 1.6 million guess it will overtake Doncaster and Balwyn and everybody will pay 800k and forget the rest.

You already already rich in Altona Clayton and lalor - time to give some donations to Nepal :)

7. google boy

I want to retire when I am 42. I am chasing the goal. Can u pls give me ideas how to get more loan. Bank is tightening the loan lending criteria. They say my income cannot service another investment loan but I have got plenty equity.

Realist35 likes this.
  8. melbournian

come on @google boy - you should know this. My tenants do 3 jobs a day :). Some do accountant job and do cleaning or taxi jobs.

Try airbnb or uber then. Rent out your clayton place out to some students and move into a 1 bedroom place

9. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

10. willister

willister Well-Known Member

You can retire at 30 if you really wanted to and learn to live lean. Leaving massive wealth to your kids will only make them weaker.

MikeyBallarat likes this.