NSW 600K FHB - Sydney (West) Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jimmy M, 1st Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mami

mami Active Member

I recorded those areas and available in YouTube.
    I guess Penrith, Thornton is the good to buy.

2. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Penrith is a long way away.
    Its a long trip on train.Its a long way on the M4.Peak hour in the car 1.5 hours to the city. No beach. Well Penrith lakes.hahahah
    Its a horrible continental climate. Cold in winter boiling in summer.
    People are good lower socioeconomic area.

3. mami

mami Active Member

Yes. I understand. I don’t like the area neither. But this is for an investment not for your house. Penrith has good schools (Penrith high school is a selective.) and university. The vacancy rates is very low. As per PENRITH council, 12k jobs would be created by 2036. $5bn Sydney science park project as well. http://www.celestino.net.au/sydneysciencepark/residential

4. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

A house in Morwell must be the wisest option.

Think about it. House 140k circa 2009 when rates circa 9%. House still 140k circa 2017. But rates half (4.5%).

House now effectively 70k not 140k. You just wait until Morwell becomes the "most liveable region in the southern hemisphere". As Millgrove and Gladysdale already have (according to some journalist writing for domain.com).

Does Morwell even have 10yr averages? Because it's been 0% the last 10 years. Inevitable BOOM pending. Put your boom boots on!

5. Spotty

Spotty Member

James. Morwel in Vic??? Everything are cheap there . When is going to boom??

6. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Thornton seems a little expensive for the Penrith area. You could get from your door to central (places closer to the station)in an hour so I guess it beats out some much more expensive suburbs in that regard. But to drive anywhere from there would be a pain as it would take a long time to get to the m4 in peak hour.