6 Townhouse Development - VCAT!! Town planner and Traffic Engineer HELP please!!

Discussion in 'Development' started by LloydThomas, 20th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LloydThomas

LloydThomas Active Member

Hi All,

I am currently going through town planning for a 6 unit townhouse development in Hobson Bay (Laverton). Council has approved the development however we have one neighbour that has objected and is taking us to VCAT. My architect has been great and we are confident of being successful at VCAT. However, I just want some advice/tips from anyone who has been through this process. Also I am looking for a town planner and traffic engineering who have had experience in the Hobson Bay council.

Finally, has anyone had experience in negotiating with neighbors regarding the deign concerns and of offering financial compensation?

I can provide links to the documentation if anyone is interested in having a look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

PM me I can offer some suggestions....

3. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Dealing with an objecting neighbor can be very difficult - especially after the council has endorsed the plans. What is the basis of their concern? If they are going to VCAT themselves, then they may be very difficult to overcome. I don't think financial compensation will work...

I recently engaged a traffic engineer as this was a council issue, you will fork out $2000 for this. Do you need it - is this a basis of their objection?

Re town planner, you will looking at a hefty fee for the hearing.

Are their other 6 TH developments in the locality?

Cheers Ivan