450k budget for vic/nsw/qld

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by SerenityNow, 15th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Beginning the hunt for a new ip focusing on capital growth, looking into vic/qld/nsw… no idea where to start! Any suggestions? I live in vic but I feel like qld and nsw still have long runways ahead of them… Currently not considering wa due to travel issues.

I guess Moreton bay/Ipswich seem good at the moment?

Im heavily invested in vic property so prefer qld/nsw but I suppose vic regional is still diversified away from Melbourne metro, so that’s an option too. (Ballarat?) but then land tax is an issue too.

2. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

there are plenty of bargains (i feel) at the moment and you just gotta look around. whats your strategy? just capital growth?, if thats your case stick to major regional cities bendigo/ballarat as you said

i looked at qld but the insurances were way too high for me ($4k) to consider so pulled out of qld and now looking at SA now.

as mentioned earlier on in other posts i found hamilton in vic for myself was a great buy! but not for everyone else and thats all g.

moe morwell churchill area is considered gone now from a bargain pov youd have to go "further down the line" to try and get a bargain maybe sale?

whats your budget and what are you looking for house/ unit/ th?

sauber.

3. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

budget is 450k plus stamps etc (might be able to stretch to 500 but not depending on that)
    Focusing on capital growth only, not fussed about gearing - open to th/units but historically land/houses seem to have done better.

4. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

QLD insurance is not usually different to VIC or NSW. Unless I’m looking at flood areas or the far north.

5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

bushland beach, insurance. 4k.

6. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Are you indicating that SA / NSW comparable properties are much cheaper when it comes to insurance?

7. LouisVuitton

LouisVuitton Well-Known Member

8. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

Things are moving fast in QLD, your $450k is slowly getting priced out, even in Ipswich which is moving fast.

450k in Moreton Bay, good luck unfortunately, that'll be tough to get any decent land in a decent location.

At that budget, have you considered regional?

9. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Still possible in Ipswich for now. Who knows for how much longer through. I think there is still quite a bit of steam left in the area.

10. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

12 months ago there were a few houses in Hervey Bay for 450k.

Not so many now though:

https://www.realestate.com.au/buy/p...ewOrEstablished=established&source=refinement

11. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi,

We have been getting incredible capital growth in the Logan area. You need to aim for a 4 bed 2 bath on over 500m2. Purchase Price: $550k, around the Crestmead, Regents Park, Marsden and Boronia Heights. We have purchased 5 in the past 3 weeks all off market and all have gone up a min of $50k each. Good luck with purchasing on market ones though due to the massive demand these properties are receiving a minimum of 30 offers per property. My suggestion is to build some solid agent relationships to get the pre market and off market stock. But you these properties will be perfect cash flow properties. For later in the portfolio, when you sell down on your high capital growth properties.

Matthew Steven likes this.
  12. Curtpizza

Curtpizza Active Member

Would it not be better targeting areas that haven't experienced capital growth yet?

13. Ariyahn2011

Ariyahn2011 Well-Known Member

Live in Bushy Beach and pay 1400 per year. You must he in a flood impacted area. 400K buy price. 430 to 470 rent.

Last edited: 7th Mar, 2022
    sauber likes this.
  14. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Can you show some of these 4x2 houses in regents park for $550k? Haven’t seen prices at these levels since 2021.