Melbourne Subdivisions - Is this block workable?

Discussion in 'Development' started by dan_89, 24th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dan_89

dan_89 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Copying from SS thread as it seems people have lost interest in posting there :(

Looking for advice/guidance on getting things moving for a potential subdivision in Melbourne South Eastern suburbs. For some background info, I have discussed the feasibility of funding the project with my broker. All looks good but hoping to keep the whole process under $350k..

Given I am only in the very initial stages I would like to know if anyone here can help me with some guidance on dual occ builds on similar shape (skinny frontage which opens out at rear). Ideally I would love to look at a few plans showing how others have worked with their blocks to get through planning stage.

Attached below survey plans (No.9).

Looking to retain the existing renovated home and build 3/3/2 town house on rear. Given the position of existing home I may only be able to fit single carport/garage for existing. In which case the existing home would have to be noted as a 2 bedroom. (currently 2 bed + study but could be considered a bedroom).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

@dan_89

what;s a zoning of the block?

is it worth while removing house to make a room for more dwellings?

if not,

one option you can look at,
    Extend the driveway,.. use end of the existing house to create a garage for old and new home and build a new h 3x2X2 (one in garage, one on driveway)

few other options too!

Last edited: 24th Jun, 2015
  3. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Can't you put a double carbay, carport in front of the house 90 degrees to the driveway? Or have another crossover for existing house?
    Or if council wont allow, then a double bay at the rear?

4. James Cavill

James Cavill Well-Known Member

An additional crossover on a narrow frontage in what looks to be a court bowl is unreasonable. You need to have a chat to a Planner and an Architect (Both Registered) regarding your options. They will give you a better idea of not only what can be done from a design perspective, but what is reasonable considering the planning provisions and neighbourhood character. From a design perspective there are a few different options you could chase but you wont know what you can actually do until you have a chat to some professionals.

Tufan Chakir likes this.