QLD $419K in Brisbane or Logan?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by LSY, 29th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Agreed...it would have to be a state initiative...the population to land pressures are not as pronounced. So land is not as a premium as Sydney and Melbourne.

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I am seeing more and more Asians and Indians around Aspley and Strathpine these days, and last week when I spent an hour at Bald Hills around school drop off time. The shops and cafes are nowhere like Sunnybank, but maybe longer term. The Hypermarket has a growing Asian element. Aspley was once home to the Italian migrants.

3. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

I might be thinking different to others
    I'd look at 3/2/2 townhouses in a small complex with low BC fees if you manage not to pay premium -in suburbs you know, have lived, comfortable with a young child
    I am not sure of CG (well located townhouses closer to city vs. house far way) but if you could do airbnb or sublet the extra room, it may support your income
    Haven't done DD but something like this 2/42 Keats Street, Moorooka, Qld 4105
    I think @willair? bought one recently in the area

Koey likes this.
  4. Beanie Girl

Beanie Girl Well-Known Member

Hi LSY,

I'm Beanie Girl and I'm very good at spotting good properties in the Logan area.
    Hands up, how many of you have bought in the Logan area because of my postings on the Logan Planning Scheme and value in the area? :)

I think this property would be perfect for you. Recently renovated, new carpets in bedrooms, hardwood floors in living area, recently painted inside and out, move-in condition.

18 Marday Street Slacks Creek Qld 4127 - House for Sale #129105622 - realestate.com.au

Short stroll to Logan Central Shopping and
    opportunity to have family and friends too come over to stay downstairs (dual living with downstairs shower, toilet, kitchenette, living room)
    The dual living set-up gives you the option of renting out the upstairs or downstairs to a tenant to get a secondary income which can be a great help. Dual living/income potential.
    Can turn the single garage downstairs into a rumpus area or study room if you have no car

This area or street is okay by Logan standards
    Be quick to consider the opportunity above or some Sydneysider Logan wannabe investor
    will snap this up because of the dual living possibilities. Open home inspection this Saturday 8 Sept 11.00 - 11.30am

JesseT and LSY like this.
  5. Beanie Girl

And a BIG NO to the above Finlay Street property listed, nothing to do with the area or the street.
    It's to do with the house.
    PM me for details if you want to know more, LSY

LSY likes this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That property in Keats St would be in the high price range for that small area,but both the agents are good sales people..The daughter bought one recently near that listing,2 bedroom brick 20 year old in a block of 5 for 265 k
    rented now on a one year lease for $290.00 ,and as i'm looking again for the other daughter in that area ,there are several in that area around the 270k plus ..imho..

samiam and Codie like this.
  7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Ur right, really just wanted to highlight the public trustee method of looking for and buying property

8. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

LSY likes this.
  9. Beanie Girl

Hey boganfromlogan, I think the Meadowbrook one might be a wee bit out of OP's price range,
    Her price is 419 max and the Meadowbrook brick lowset is 449k. That's really 450k they're looking for.
    It's massive with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms but it's only her and bub
    If I was a young lady with a toddler, I'd be hesitant to rent out rooms in the house to strangers if I needed some extra income, no separation in the house.

Having said that Meadowbrook is a nice area, although some people may find it far or out of the way or mosquito ridden during certain months:D:p

Lisa T likes this.
  10. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Agent listed it as 3 1 1. People who didn't look at the floor plan could miss this out. It actually is 3 2 1. For a PPOR, should be alright. But a bit expensive for an investment though (At least to me).

By the way, I'm one of those who benefits from your Logan-related postings as well. :)

MikeyBallarat and Beanie Girl like this.
  11. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Way too expensive for Slacks Creek especially south of Paradise Road.

I posted this on another thread but I just settled on a 600sqm corner block highset in Runcorn for $388,500 for a client. Older and can do with a renovation but perfectly fine and livable without.

And another house in Bald Hills for 615sqm recently for $317,000 albeit on a main road so may not be PPOR friendly.

Both in very good school catchments

With $419k budget there are definitely standalone house options outside of Logan (inside Brisbane LGA) but if I had to choose from your selection as a PPOR I would go Eden's Landing and parts of Holmview away from Teys that are close to Eden's Landing. Parts of Eden has certainly come into its own in recent times and a lot of newer/cosmetically renoed homes sold for premium to owner occupiers. Lots of good looking lowset brick properties in your price range

Some decent PPOR options in parts of Browns Plains/Regents Park/Heritage Park as well and a community that's becoming more upmarket

Tom Rivera and LSY like this.
  12. LSY

LSY Member

Thanks for the discussion, everyone. This is a really useful forum. After making a second application for pre-approval, looking at schools and family demographics again, and with several of my shortlisted properties being reduced in price this week, I am looking back to Brisbane! Fingers crossed I can move quickly enough on the ones I like.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  13. HonestShiba

HonestShiba Well-Known Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm really really curious on this one.

Can anyone share some insight on why Beanie Girl says a big no to this house? To my untrained eye it looks like a perfectly fine property.

14. LSY

LSY Member

I still like that house, but it was too far from public transport for me. The issue was the cathedral ceilings but I had no problem living in a similar home for a decade. I love the aesthetic, and with solar panels and frugal electricity usage the cost of climate control has never been an issue. I ended up buying a house with regular ceilings in Brisbane for $75k more. I still feel a bit claustrophobic!

HonestShiba likes this.
  15. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Edit: Wrong thread sorry!

Last edited: 27th Dec, 2021