3 lots and 2 titles small block with original 1920s house

Discussion in 'Development' started by Something_Wrong, 10th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

HI

Looking at a house it has a Californian bungalow in great condition with a 1988 upstairs extension 4br 2bath an rear access on a 645sqm block. Front is about 21mtrs wide tapering to the rear

The block is coming up as 3 lot numbers lot 16 lot 17 and lot 35

The block also has two tiles
    : title 1 for Lot 16 and Lot 17 and title 2 for Lot 35,

Its a very old title deed, showing the original owners from 1858, with 3 owner including the current owner. Each has a stamp on the back of the title deed.

Lot 35 the owner said its a drainage easement on the side of the current house dated 1938, not sure if its going to be relevant as the only thing I can see is the sewer pipe for the house on that side, no other items.

I will be getting a Section 10.7 and Stormwater plan, but curious to know why 3 lots and would this be a benefit over just one lot if I was to build a duplex?

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If this is the old yellow title then how do the street numbers sequence ..

3. Something_Wrong

Yes the Old Yellow Deed, bigger than A3, Street number is 187,

House is built across Lot 16 and 17 on the one title and the other lot is vacant (3.5mtr wide strip from front to back) like it was meant to be a driveway.

The deeds are getting updated as they were in two names and the husband has passed away lodged today in the lands title office, so will see what or if they change.

Land rates only have the one property listed as per the street address

Last edited: 10th Aug, 2020
  4. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

if you intend to subdivide into a two (duplex) lots, then the existing lots will be consolidated by the new survey plan with 2 new lot numbers in DP ######.

is the tiltle old system or torrens - auto-consol ?
    its possible the lots do not have individual building entitlement so they have been combined

5. Something_Wrong

I did see Auto Consul

The 2nd title Lot 35 is marked as Drainage Reserve 6€ wide.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Interesting to see that a separate title has been created for the easement. Inform yourself of the challenges you'll need to anticipate to extinguish the easement and consolidate the lots (if you need to incorporate the easement into the consolidates lots - the advantage being the land is incorporated into your total development area for site coverage or fsr).

Who is benefited/burdened by the easement?

Something_Wrong and bmc like this.
  7. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

look under the Notations: Schedule Of Parcels.
    it will tell you what lots are combined.
    if lot 35 is only 3.5 metres wide then i would assume its included in the auto-consol.

at a big guess, it might have been a closed road - sanitary lane - creek that has been filled and piped and an easement 6ft (1.83) wide created to cover the pipeline. possibly in favor of council.