1st time share buyer

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by bfhoon, 16th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bfhoon

bfhoon Active Member

With the asx dropping I’m thinking about buying some shares through self wealth. Do they pay dividends into the self wealth account if I buy dividend shares.

also would people recommend banks at the moment done a bit of reading and looming recession lower rates possibility of lower rates seems banks could take years and years to recover and could be taking a well deserved hiding.

would vas be a safer option for me as a starter and what industry now would be the best or safest kind of option. Tech stocks etc I’ve been interested in lifetimes fo4 a while and artificial intelligence companies but lvt doesn’t seem to move to much. It’s interesting times ahead I have been waiting for a market downturn but now I’m nearly to scared to buy.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

yep.

3. number 5

number 5 Well-Known Member

Yes you can have dividends paid into your self wealth trading account.

4. bfhoon

bfhoon Active Member

right got the account setup I probably have to transfer some funds which could take a couple of days then I should be ready. Any tips, how often do people trade im more of a set and forget type of guy so long term doesnt bother me and what are the tax implications if I buy and sell all the time compared to hold? Anyway time for alot of reading and video tutorials Im thinking a small trade to start off with until im confident and start finding my feet.

Perthguy likes this.