1st Invesment Qld Nerang or regents park Logan

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie, 2nd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Good point how far is it to the m1 jdm

JDM likes this.
  2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Excellent potential there... Great travel times to the city or Gold Coast, and a quick drive to the train line running through Logan. Three stations to chose from, Trinder Park, Woodridge or Kingston. You also have the Slacks Creek 'Park and Ride' bus station at the top of Loganlea Road. Quick drive to the Hyperdome.

3. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Just like to thank Richard and others without the advice given on here I would have made the wrong decision I see way more value now in Daisy hill Rochdale south and Springwood even Cornubia some of these areas are 15 or 20 minute drive to brisbane not in peak hour I can’t go wrong buying in these areas.

Rich2011 likes this.
  4. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I do not like Slacks creek as much but I can see it going up being so close to Brisbane it’s just a bit rougher for my liking but still very cheap.

5. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

If I have learnt anything always buy closer to a major city yes Nerang will go up also but I see more value being close to Australia’s 3rd largest city it’s only a matter of time before I see Brisbane going off.

6. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I also think Melbourne and Sydney are always going to lead the way but try living there I was in Melbourne the other night the roads in Sydney and Melbourne getting to be beyond a joke.

7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Regents Park is one of the 'best' suburbs in Logan, whereas Nerang is one of the 'worst' suburbs on the Gold Coast. It's a really interesting comparison.

The other suburbs listed on the eastern side of the highway are all quality areas as well, likely to see more growth than Regents Park too- though I wouldn't rule it out because it is a great area.

Keep in mind west of the highway is a totally different story, as you might notice when you see the stark price difference. Most of Slacks Creek is still pretty ratty, but if you can put up with it for now- I'd be thinking there's a lot of growth coming.

Katie likes this.
  8. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice Tom why do you think the other suburbs listed like Springwood daisy hill Cornubia will go up more then Regents Park the prices there are pretty low I don’t get it us it because it’s not near the m1?

9. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I decided against Nerang as I think being closer to Brisbane will make me more money and Nerang was a 410 sqm block and a ugly house.

JDM likes this.
  10. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I have it down to a couple of suburbs atm really like Springwood also got my eye on one in Mount Warren Park and a few in Regents Park which would you go out if those 3 you seem to really know these areas well I have been reading a lot of your posts in the past.

11. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Springwood, Cornubia, Shailer Park, Rochedale South and Daisy Hill have a bit of a reputation as "Upper Logan". Proximity to the Bayside, skyrocketing Rochedale, M1 Motorway and incoming Springwood CBD are driving prices upwards reasonably quickly.

Mount Warren Park is a nice place, benefits from the proximity of Beenleigh without the bad name. I've always found it a bit over-priced, but definitely keep an eye out there.

Regents Park is the nicest area in the classic Browns Plains region (Regents Park, Hillcrest, Browns Plains, Marsden, Boronia Heights, Crestmead, etc.) but I think any future growth will be tied to the surrounding areas. It's already quite expensive and rent hasn't really kept pace with purchase prices.

Budget aside, I'd prefer to own in Springwood, but it really does depend on the individual purchase options (price, property, your individual situation, etc.)