NSW 1.1~1.2m PPOR where BH, WH, Rouse Hills, Carlingford etc?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by rooster123, 18th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

2. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I'd go the opposite way (as I personally did) and buy a property under the power lines. Around 25% cheaper, so it should definitely be possible to get something decent for $1.2M!

It might be a little bit of an eyesore, but you get used to it very quickly and won't even notice it after a while. Plus there's not a single verifiable study that I could find that shows that there are any negative health impacts.
    The areas with the powerline easements also seem to have minimum block sizes of 750m2, which is a bonus.

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Long-term for capital growth, definitely try to get as close ( within 10 minute walk ) to one of the train stations on the metro line.

That means Cudgegong Road, Rouse Hill, Kellyville or Bella Vista stations. Parts of Glenwood are close to Bella Vista station though.

Personally though, I suggest you take a walk through Rouse Hill Town Centre. Nothing in the area comes close for vibe and amenity. It's great living within walking distance. Although if you are only a metro stop or two away then that is great also.

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

@rooster123:
    I don't envy your position. It's very tough. A walk to northwest train line is ok.

Other ideas are Duplex or battleaxe closer in.
    Better than a townhouse, cheaper than a house on a "normal" block?

Or really consider Rydalmere, Ermington, Dundas. Location isn't bad and there are old houses on normal blocks you may be able to snag. Then send the kids to weekly tutoring...(that's part of the secret to a lot of the good school results)

5. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

I'd add Telopea and Oatlands to the mix. Telopea and Dundas had somewhat of a stigma locally due to the public housing but I think that is less of an issue now.
    Oatlands - I know people who bought into that Hunterford Estate and did very well. At the time the blocks looked tiny but not so now!