Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Anthony Brew

Sydney-House-Prices-vs-Australian-Share-Market

Sydney-House-Prices-vs-Australian-Share-Market
Anthony Brew, 3rd Mar, 2017
    • MTR
      I Don't bother with stats, it wont give the true picture, too broad enough, they are meaningless, you need to understand what is happening on the ground.
      Same as median house prices, its just a gage, not reliable/accurate, how could it be when all product is bundled together? and way too broad.
      I completely ignore this stuff, it will only confuse, the gurus/professionals use this but they seem to always get it wrong have you noticed this?? I have, what matters is what is happening on the ground and talking to the people that are selling and asking the right questions, volume, product, days on the market, who is buying, what is selling.

Also don't bother with past history, waste of time, seriously history does not repeat, we saw this in recent markets for example, the Sydney recent boom did not start in inner city as per past history, it started in Syd West, why... immigration.

Same as Melb, where did the recent boom start? Eastern corridor not inner city as previous boom cycle? why? desirable school precincts, foreign investors buying up.

Don't bother with stats, waste of time. This is truly old school and I have moved on from this stuff, I am coming from experience.

MTR:)
      zac101 likes this.
    • Stu6161
      This measures capital gain. Clearly property in Sydney is the winner. But it doesn't measure dividend returns vs rental income. With dividend yields typically similar to Gross rental returns, you would have at least a 2% advantage per year with dividends over net rental returns. That closes the gap between the curves (as far as 2011 at least).

Interesting to note how small the 1987 sharemarket crash seems now!
      MTR likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    General
    Uploaded By:
    Anthony Brew
    Date:
    3rd Mar, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    97.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    960px
    Height:
    720px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).