Your Network is your Net Worth? Ha..

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MTR, 4th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Was thinking how this relates to property investing

Why It's True That Your Network is Your Net Worth

You can have all sorts of technology platforms but networking IMHO will be the key to success.

Extract.....

For a start, you get to be guided by those who know what they are doing

There are the opportunities that start coming your way, from anywhere, once you start investing more time into building a solid network.

It leads to growth in many areas.

By networking consistently and strategically, you can gain knowledge the smart way.

It’s true that it’s more about who you know that what you know.

But it’s also key to know the right people, to be open to knowledge, to give something back, to then put the new information into action.

Bottom line is you want to connect with successful people. People that can help you grow, accomplish your goals faster, and succeed.

I like this......

Approach people with the mindset of what you can do for THEM.
    Approach people with the mindset of helping them first.
    Approach people first by offering them value.
    Bring something to the table – or at least offer to do so

MTR:)

2. private_number

private_number Well-Known Member

Interesting read MTR. Thank you for sharing.

I strongly believe in the power of a great network.

3. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Agreed! People don't seem understand working as a team and helping others. I've been open to close friends and family and helped them grow their portfolio's.

MTR likes this.
  4. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

The right person at the right time can mean the difference between failure and success.

I am back to doing a lot of networking after a very busy 5 year period that did not allow much time for networking.

It only takes one person to take a liking to you and open door/s that then open other doors, now to find the one!

Sackie and MTR like this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep, this has been my experience. It's often being introduced to that one person which can pull the whole deal together for you and greatly help to make it a success.

Colin Rice likes this.
  6. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Yes, I actually think I was held back since I did not have great members on my team. Took quite few years and.... number of brokers, accountants, lawyers to change but the knowledge and experience on mistakes made was all worth it! Persistence is the key...or as they say knock on enough doors until some will open, and as Jim Rohn said,
    "Good people are found not changed. Recently I read a headline that said, “We don’t teach people to be nice. We simply hire nice people.” Wow! What a clever short cut."
    You find good people you cannot change them and make them good if they themselves are not willing.
    Also, remember to protect the financial wealth you build along, via estate planning, as my lawyers said, they don't go after you personally, just after the equity you have!

Colin Rice and MTR like this.