Your Latest Purchase

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by MTR, 17th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I should mention we also looked at some 5 pack sites in Zillmere but the feasos didn't stack up, and we simply don't have the experience, so decided to stick with our KISS blocks.

We really like the idea of doing something a little more high density, but I like working with Reso lending and doing smaller blocks gives us more flexibility with a strategy. I think when we get a fair bit more cash behind us we'll look at doing that maybe.

Hi DanW, good investment I I think anywhere near the water is awesome. Pretty awesome if you can pull equity out quickly like that!

Gotta love neighbours with fencing agreements and disputes etc, we get to deal with them on a regular basis.

We always try to do the right thing, but sometimes you just can't avoid lunatics.

Bayview likes this.
  2. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Last purchase 3 bed 2 bath house in Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast, QLD.

Neutral cashflow and planning to hold for 10+ years.

Settlement Monday afternoon :D

Bayview, Toon and Tifoso like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Excellent work, have to be lightening quick for something like this, cash offer no messing around

4. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Was also looking in that area. More so Kippa Ring and Redcliffe than Deception Bay.

Why did you decide to buy in D-bay?

5. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Latest purchase is in North Lakes which is a long term buy & hold purchase..

Bayview and MJS1034 like this.
  6. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Coorparoo - south Brisbane. Intention to split into two, knock down existing house and build 2 freestanding houses.

Bayview, clint05 and Tifoso like this.
  7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

You probably remember that I bought a 3-4 bed inParkes NSW settled about 5 weeks ago. Tenants should be moving out in early October and then I can start on some plumbing and cosmetic renos. My only problem is finding the time to do it. Probably a buy reno hold - maybe I'll live there too.

Gibson likes this.
  8. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

Two for me, one in SW Sydney, one in Logan

SW Sydney villa- because wife insisted on buying something in Sydney... :)
    Actually, very happy with that one, 2 years old and CF neutral before depreciation, long term hold for this one.

Logan townhouse - this one is still to settle and again I wasn't particularly targeting to buy a townhouse there, but it was 15-20% under the market value based on my research and the numbers worked on this one nicely. In terms of strategy - depends on how many more we get to buy, unlikely that we are going to keep this one longer than one cycle.

Actively looking for another property this year, keeping my options open - Brisbane 20km+ south, north (or east), Sunshine Coast, outer Melbourne... I might go Melbourne just to claim this trifecta (Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane)... prepared for proper investors to start commenting on my (lack of) strategy, but honestly, having heaps of fun looking for IPs and negotiating deals... Definitely no development sites for us at this stage, just don't have knowledge and time (and guts) to do them remotely

Bayview, HUGH72 and Tifoso like this.
  9. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

5 bedder in Scarborough, Qld on 405sqm. Actually is 3 bed flat above 2 bed flat and can be separately rented. 1 house off the water. Zoning allows 12m (3 stories) for future KDR possibilities; current regs wouldn't permit dev due to the small block.
    Just gone unconditional.
    Will probably spend $20,000 on reno for one new (of two) kitchen, two bathrooms, and the obligatory paint and floor sand.
    Yield expected to be in the 5.7-6 range.
    Long term buy and hold.
    Will wait for the new rail next year for CG and then extract equity.

Bayview, Gockie, Tifoso and 1 other person like this.
  10. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Well-Known Member

Meadowbrook QLD house. Long term buy and hold for future density increases due to proximity to hospital, uni and train station. Expected yield of 6%.

Bayview, DanW and Special order like this.
  11. blackenator

blackenator Well-Known Member

2 bedroom units in goodna and morningside

Bayview, Subodh Shirodkar and Tifoso like this.
  12. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Picked up a place on behalf of my sister back in April. Only settled a week ago (vendor required delayed settlement due it being tenanted).

The property is to be used as a PPR.
    Currently poorly configured as a 2 bedroom house.
    Plans are to reconfigure it as a 3 bedroom house, get it revalued and extract equity to purchase more.

There is also potential for a granny flat out the back given (500sqm block), but my sister isn't interested in that all.

Bayview and Tifoso like this.
  13. Oscara

Oscara Member

Purchased an OTP 2br 82sq apartment with 83sq courtyard in Ringwood for $432000. We settle in roughly 3 weeks.

Bayview and Tifoso like this.
  14. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

Some nice commercial development happening there, should see some growth.

We picked one townhouse there last year for long term.

HappyCamper likes this.
  15. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Affordable waterside with nearby areas moving. New rail link 10 mins away. Gentrification with housing commission places selling off. Low vacancy - although this has moved up recently. Plenty of work nearby.

Dwalsh, WattleIdo and MJS1034 like this.
  16. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

This house in Runcorn, Brisbane for 355k:

https://propertychat.com.au/communi...th-all-my-tradesmen-contacts.1480/#post-21066

Cheapest empty block of land in the same suburb is $349k, in a much worse location. I think I made $50k or more of instant equity. The one in the link below just popped up for $455k - also a worse location, same size land, although slightly better house:

http://www.realestate.com.au/120254801

I was on the phone with the agent within 30-60 mins of the ad going up. He later said he had received so many calls afterwards that he wondered if he sold it too cheap..:)

Such a good time to buy in Brisbane!

Last edited: 17th Jul, 2015
    Bayview, The Y-man and Magnet like this.
  17. Ramos023

Ramos023 Well-Known Member

Looking to go again, Mt Warrigal one street back from Lake Illawarra for those familiar. About 20 mins south of Wollongong for everyone else!

I have it valued at about 480-500 based on comparable sales 3/2/1 and would be extended settlement as its a mate of dads thinking of selling once his villas are finished being built. I can have it for 450k my offer, and he would accept, im just wondering if Wollongong area has any more puff left.

This would be my highest purchase considering my other 3 IPs were under 300k and seen great growth in the last 6 years.

I can foresee some responses I get as to diversifying into Brissie or Adelaide etc I guess I just need the balls to go interstate and let go of the reins abit

Bayview and Chilliblue like this.
  18. robbo2621

robbo2621 Well-Known Member

Settled on a PPOR 3 bedroom house in Mount gravatt east last month. Really like the position, 5 minutes to carindale Westfield, 5 minutes to garden city Westfield, 1 minute to bunnings, 2 minutes to schools, 2 minutes to supermarkets and Mount gravatt central, buses at the end of the street, bout 10k's to the city, nice neighbours too :)

Seal, Bayview and Magnet like this.
  19. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

I think there is still some room for growth but no as good as some other places

20. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

We've just had finance approved for an older Californian style bungalow house in Wembley, Perth. Block is 720m2 and has rear laneway access.

We'll be renting back to the owners for 6-12 months, then doing a reno and renting out (at a significantly higher rate) for around 5 years. During that time we're going to come up with a house plan that we like, investigate builders etc, and after the 5 year period we'll be demolishing and building our own home on it. Really looking forward to it - we're already in the throes of looking into house plans and architects/designers :D