Your Biggest Asset - Earning ability

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Ace in the Hole, 5th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

We all work for ourselves in one way or another.
    Even as an employee, you are selling services to your employer - your biggest client at this time.
    Gone are the days where you go to school, get a job with a corporation and stay there for your entire career until retirement age.
    These days, the markets are continually evolving where people and professions are becoming redundant all the time.

Your ability to earn, regardless of market conditions is what's going to keep you in the game.
    Earning ability is a direct result of learning ability.
    Those who continue to learn while they are currently comfortable are preparing themselves for the future.
    Those who learn only when they have to because of a change in circumstances will always be a step behind.

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!
    yes yes yes

You can never lose momentum in this game - or you will slide backwards into non existence.

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Where I work there are about ten or twelve people who have the same role as I do. Yet only two of us bother to do any PD that we pay for ourselves. The others moan and whinge etc at having to do compulsory PD that we don't have to pay for. The Department set up another course in digital technologies we can do online and is totally free to us. They are encouraging all TAs in Qld to do it. I believe there are 4 from my school who have done it.
    Guess my job is reasonably secure!