YIP Investor of the Year 2012

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Tonibell, 7th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Were your ears burning @Kate Moloney or did you Google Analytics say 'wtf are all these hits on my domain from propertychat.com.au'

Most of us here are always keen to hear from successful and not so successful people. If we can learn from other people's stories and lessons then that can help us from making mistakes ourselves.

I find that so rude/obscure that someone wouldn't take down your story when you asked to not be the poster couple for them.

Good luck with the book. I hope it succeeds and you can move on in a positive way from the dust of Moranbah.

Last edited: 10th Dec, 2015
    BigKahuna, bob shovel and Eric Wu like this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep....dangerous combination...just like gambling....

3. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

Hey Barny

Just go to www.katemoloney.com there's a box on the home page you can put your name & email down .....

I'm just finalizing the manuscript today ... It won't be published till march ...

Barny likes this.
  4. Kate Moloney

Thank you for your message. Yes .. It was odd getting all these queries! ...

I've been experiencing the financial destruction myself and also seeing it first hand (I live in Moranbah).

So many people slap on facades and pretend all is well, but facades don't solve financial problems.

Thank you for your message, means a lot. it's been VERY quiet and lonely the last two years ...

Last edited: 11th Dec, 2015
    BigKahuna, Toon, Beanie Girl and 2 others like this.
  5. jrc

jrc Well-Known Member

Good luck.

Kate Moloney likes this.
  6. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Hi @Kate Moloney - I hope the book goes well, I'll definitely sign up for a copy.

You will find the PC community very understanding and supportive about your circumstances. We are shooting for the same thing and everyone has made multiple strategic mistake - although not on the same scale.

The whole mining thing happened very quickly so I would think there was not much opportunity for you to get out once it turned. I had a similar thing (on a small scale) with BHP shares recently - a few chances to get out but it just seemed cheaper after each drop.

I am sure you have a very interesting and educational tale to tell. I reckon people from here could help if there is any background information or fleshing out of things needed.

Onward and upward.

Kate Moloney likes this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hi Kate, good on you for getting your story out there.
    Look forward to reading all of the details and stories of other people affected.
    As for the actual IP's, was it sell or repossessed and/or bankrupt?

8. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

Branson, Trump are poster boys of bankruptcies

I think in todays fairly superficial and cheap fame era, people want to avoid talking about their failures which I perfectly understand, however, I have had a failed business, and admittedly only started talking about it more when my subsequent business did better

so I guess count me in

Beanie Girl likes this.
  9. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

That's human nature though! I mean I'm happy to boast about the shares I've made money on... not so much the ones I've lost on :)

BigKahuna, hobo, Kate Moloney and 2 others like this.
  10. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi Kate, thank you for your honesty and courage, It sure will provide good education to us on the journey of PI. looking forward to your book.

Kate Moloney likes this.
  11. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

No such laws. A bankrupt can even borrow while bankrupt. But it will naturally be difficult to find a lender, even after bankruptcy.

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Agreed...most lenders ask "have you every been a bankrupt" in many different ways on their loan paperwork.

Wall Street likes this.
  13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Personally I think 'failure' is normal and inescapable on the path to success. I also think analysing why one failed and where they went wrong is important so you can try to avoid the same mistake in the future and get some value from the mistakes made. There is great prosperity in learning from failure.

What I don't see much value in is dwelling on failures and rehashing them unnecessarily, giving them any more attention and dissecting then there needs to be. It can quite quickly have negative ramifications for a person's mindset, consciousness and overall focus, making it counterproductive and dangerous.

Just my opinion.

Kate Moloney and ellejay like this.
  14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy works differently in the US, Trump would have no shame about losing other peoples money.

SerenityNow likes this.
  15. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Bet I hear you interviewed about your book on Radio National drive-time or one of the other programs. They're always getting good ideas for discussion from here.
    This has been a great thread and then for you to show up in person is really special. Were you already a member under another name?
    I agree that there's much too much emphasis on rapid accumulation and financial maneouvres. Sometimes it's the nicest people pushing it as the norm for their own benefit because they think they're smarter than the average bear. Anyone could get caught up in it.
    I'm sure this experience will be/ has been the catalyst for a great adult life with a lot of emphasis on hte stuff that really matters. :) Who knows what's going to happen next? Hang onto your seats!

16. Kate Moloney

That's the trouble, most people are plastic. you can talk about failure - as your going through it - in an empowering way. It's choice. You can complain or seek a solution, and most importantly you can choose to transform.

17. Kate Moloney

LOL - where humanity gets it so wrong is that we believe failure means we are less worthy ... So we don't talk ...

It's time we stop defining ourselves by what we have. It's WHO we are that matters most.

BigKahuna, MTR, Beanie Girl and 2 others like this.
  18. Kate Moloney

Trumps been bankrupt 4x

Once personally, the others were business bankruptcies. There is a good book about it on amazon.

19. Kate Moloney

Thank you ...

Let's wait and see for 2016.

I only just joined this forum after someone contacted me through my site and said there was a thread about us. Nice to see some supportive comments, thanks guys.

Gockie likes this.
  20. Kate Moloney

"]Hi Kate, good on you for getting your story out there.
    Look forward to reading all of the details and stories of other people affected.
    As for the actual IP's, was it sell or repossessed and/or bankrupt?[/QUOTE]

Can't reveal that right now ... Not till Next year ...,