VIC Year of South East Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by melbournesky, 3rd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. melbournesky

melbournesky Well-Known Member

I believe 2018 will be the year for south east Melbourne.
    Frankston - Frankston North - Carrum Downs - Skye - Cranbourne West - Cranbourne
    This line has it all from the beaches to train lines (schools/shopping centers/botanic garden etc)
    Great value - $5~600k good quality houses + under $500k houses still can be found.
    Definitely better for a long term compared with North and West.

Boston george likes this.
  2. Boston george

Boston george Active Member

Agreed.
    With strong growth for theses areas over the last couple of years how much do you think this run has left ?

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

....but but..... Melbourne in general has been a booming market, throw a dart

4. melbournesky

melbournesky Well-Known Member

I guess it will run to $600~650k median mark - New stamp duty policy set it up for us.
    Will be interesting to watch if it is achieved this year for these suburbs.
    I personally think it is a safer bet than all the (South) Eastern Suburbs (CG percentage wise)
    - all the 650~800K areas, Croyden/Boronia/Frentree Gully/Roville/Bewrick/Narre Warren (South). Very cautious:)

Boston george likes this.
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

In my view these areas will remian healthy but not crazy like they were last year, 2017. The true crazy will happen at the next boom. My prediction :rolleyes: is that outer SE will continue to appeal to FHBs. Look out for trendy cafes, toddler designer clothing shops, updated gardens and new paint colours in the area. This area will tread water for 5 years and then lead the next boom. No looking back. APRA has done us a favour.

tommo c likes this.
  6. Joseph Attia

Joseph Attia Member

What are your thoughts on the outer south east suburbs like officer and the Cardinia shire in general? Long term growth forecasted or will it take a dive in the next few years?

7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Hi Joseph, I don't know these areas very well at all. I can give you my opinion which is worth about 2c :). Hopefully someone with more knowledge will also have 2c.
    In general, as far as outer Sydney and Melbourne go, I would say that affordable + infrastructure + young people investing in family life = long term success. If you notice these ingredients in the area, you should be fine at the very least. If you're living there, a big plus. It's not inner Sydney but then not much really is, is it? ;)
    Another ingredient to throw into the mix is peace loving immigrants.
    At the same time, there has to be a substantial population already in place - not too many cows and fences on main roads. Also consider cycle timing at around 10-14 years.
    Have you been on the ground? Interested to hear your observations .....

Last edited: 5th Jan, 2018