QLD Yarrabilba (???)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bran, 17th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mona

Mona New Member

I hope he has found the tenants now.

2. Lifeinonemotion

Lifeinonemotion Member

Yarrabilba is about 80% investors. Even valuers are placing on their reports about the high rental availability with the the need for a lot of property managers to offer incentives to get tenants. The high rental availability is evident through all the For Lease signs. There wouldn't be any initial equity gain in the short term (or medium) term purely due to stock levels increasing, and limited comparable sales.

This area was a nightmare during these recent floods - theres only one road in and out of Yarrabilba, which was cut off at one point with the floods, with the other major routes cut too. In fact, even today - although the main road is now open, the routes out of the area in general are still closed.

Public transport is virtually non-existent. Logan Coaches run a couple of services to Loganlea train station every day (not on translink system) - limited services, hopefully that will improve in the future.

The long term plan looks good. It will be about the size of Gladstone, however this very very long term. Block sizes are small, streets narrow. A local high school is going in in 2019. (No state primary school yet).

If the plan is to cash it out in the medium term, might be difficult as the infrastructure plans are still very far away. (The main retail section from memory is 8-10 years away prior to commencing).

If dead-set on Yarrabilba - the bigger blocks are a must, and be prepared to hold onto for a very long time.

3. YvonneH

YvonneH New Member

Who is managing your property?

4. Goldie

Goldie Member

Way to far out of town guys, without a Rail Line and direct access to the CBD its just to far away with many other good areas to choose from before i see this as a serious investment option

5. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

He has bought one in Goodna, and another in Ipswich, is positive CF and has made decent CG already.

Heinz57 and chindonly like this.
  6. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

When you get can get 2-8 acre properties, with house within km's of this estate for sub $500k, the prices for such tiny H&L packages within the estate just seem crazy. The GF's work builds in there, took her through there yesterday. Display home $480k on 400sqm! Nice home, but still.

I do wonder however, as overtime and due to the size of the planned development more and more infrastructure will go in, will it have increased CG benefits for properties like this one, literally across the main road?
    86-96 Naylor Drive, Tamborine, Qld 4270 - Property Details

This I could handle as a PPOR, but good CG rubbing off from nearby developments would create handy equity.

Negative is the crap traffic due to the development...............though surely infrastructure should follow?

7. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

The primary school opens next year. I've been seeing Facebook posts about uniform selections and enrollment days as one of my cousins live there

8. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

He might be served by looking at the bigger picture

Typically, a relo wont take advice from another relo...............

ta

rolf

9. diagnostic

diagnostic Well-Known Member

Most people have already mentioned that it's too far out, I think there will be a struggle to see any CG to accelerate the investment journey. I would personally move closer to the M1/major transport links.

10. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I live ten minutes from Yarrabilba and work there quite a bit. The above is a great summary, couldn't have said it better myself.