Xmas again

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 3rd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've got more of a geek background.

Chrispy likes this.
  2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

compared to York or Me?

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Neither. Just that I'm geek rather than Greek.

4. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

got it, sorry my dislexia gets the better of me sometimes :)
    One geek, 2 Greeks - got it .

MTR and geoffw like this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

We'll head up to father in laws for a few days - as we have done every year for the last 20 years. He loves having the family around him (we do the catering onsite), and he lives 5 minutes walk to an awesome beach ... but ... much as I love him dearly, I'm really looking forward to the time when we can say "bugger it" and fly off to Tassie or France.

We still buy for everyone - although it is a small family - but, asides from our own kids, it's usually something like handmade, local products (chilli sauces, soaps etc) or chocolate

Xenia likes this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I'll be hanging around the houso estate next to the Bidwill shops to follow up on rumours that I have a few kids there.

Apparently they look exactly like me so they should be easy to spot. I'll just hand them a bag of lollies if I see these brats.

After that it's off to a mates house for a few beers.

Beanie Girl, MTR and Xenia like this.
  7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of christmas presents - too much clutter, but I will take chocolate any time. :)

8. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

You might have stock up on the lollies because I heard you already gave them away to the kids while you were driving your sandman

datto likes this.
  9. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

My side of the family are all coming to town, from qld and wa. We are just doing a pub lunch as no one can be bothered cooking.

Then the misses side for dinner, which is always big as there are heaps of people on her side. They split it between lunch and dinner as they can't fit everyone in on one sitting.

I would normally have a boys night Chrissy eve and go out on the turps having a big one. However last year was spent taking the little man around looking at all the Chrissy lights, which was way more fun. How life changes

MTR likes this.
  10. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I actually love Xmas. It is my favourite time of the year. We have a big family get together and have a feast, usually at my parents house and then Boxing Day we go to Nelson bay for 2 weeks of camping.

MTR likes this.
  11. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Actually B84, they were the boiled lollies.

Brian84 likes this.
  12. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

The photos of you and them should help the ATO believe that you are responsible for them

13. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

I posted this elsewhere:

My husband and I made a decision when first married that our position in life was extremely better than many so each year instead of buying a present for ourselves we donate/use that money for our chosen charities.

I thought this year in the hope of inspiring someone else to do the same, I would share our donations.

My daughter has donated a backpack full of stationary items that a girl going to high school next year would need along with a few bits of jewellery and a Katy Perry perfume.

My son has decided that Beyblades are making a comeback and has donated a Beyblade stadium along with several Beyblades to a boy of his age.

My husband has donated to the Matthew Talbot Hostel bags of underwear, singlets, soaps, shampoos, shavers, deodorants, tooth brushes, toothpaste, notepads, pens and packets of dried fruit and confectionery.

I have done something similar for a local women's refuge centre with a focus on women's products and two boxes of newborn nappies.

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

It's the child support agency that I'm corncerned about. Don't think they're a part of the ATO.

I'll submit a spit test before parting with any money. Next time I'm out that way I'll leave a sample on their front window lol.

MTR likes this.
  15. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Working Over XMas
    Planning a weekend away with the family prior though, kids are at 8, 11 and 17 so Christmas is still a big deal for the younger ones
    Will be home for New Years

MTR likes this.
  16. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

That's what happens when the Mum nominates you as the father, false names (especially in your nick of the woods) have advantages Datto

datto and MTR like this.
  17. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

We don't do presents for ourselves or family as we don't know anyone in need and don't have time to waste buying pointless crap. We'll spend any 'Christmas present' type money on kiva or similar. My only weakness is pretty solar lights and I've gone a little bit mad in the garden and outside the house this year, but who cares? Christmas lights look so pretty IMO and will make others passing our house smile, as well as me.

D.T. and Jess Peletier like this.
  18. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Well-Known Member

We will be looking forward to Xmas this year - our new born who will have no clue what's happening, 4 and 7 year old nephews who make Xmas joyful again, seafood and beers for me - I'll be loving it

MTR, ellejay and Jess Peletier like this.
  19. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

Actual Xmas day will be quiet here - hubby, myself, the toddler and the newborn. Thinking a trip to the local swimming hole, BBQ lunch, and lots of time playing with the kids.

Early January we've got the extended family coming for Xmas lunch as they're all in the country then. Duck, pork, veggies all toasted on the BBQ. Have organised them all to bring a course or item to make it easy.

20. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I have both a Greek background and I am a geek so there you go.

We'll have about 18 people here for Christmas lunch. For something different, I'm going to roast 2 ducks over charcoal. Yum.