VIC Wyndham Region - best suburb for investment?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jaseb, 19th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaseb

jaseb Member

For a budget of, say, 500k to 550k, which Wyndham suburb should we look into more for our first investment property?

I see many new house sales in Tarneit but are further away from the freeway. Hoppers Crossing, on the other hand, is closer and has larger lots, but houses are older. What about Werribee? Or further away, Wyndham Vale, Manor Lakes? Point Cook and Williams Landing are out of our budget for a detached home.

I'm looking for growth potential, as long as it has at least 3% yield.

ashish1137 likes this.
  2. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Hi @jaseb

What makes you think these are high growth areas? What sort of time frame you have in mind?

Regards

3. jaseb

jaseb Member

I don't know if they are high growth areas. I live nearby that's why I thought of these suburbs. Apart from that, Wyndham is the fastest growing region in Victoria.

What other region should I be looking into for high growth for my budget ($500-550k)?

I have no timeframe for selling the property. I'm in my mid-40's, so I'm looking at holding them till retirement age.

ashish1137 likes this.
  4. ashish1137

If you do not have access to any knowledge, longer term the purchase may stack up. Shorter term, i feel there is too much supply in the area.
    I would arate northern burbs better than west but you would be struggling at 500k.
    Any knowledge about SA or WA, or even QLD?

Regards

5. jaseb

jaseb Member

No knowledge about SA, WA or QLD. For a first property, I prefer one that I can drive to. What are the growth prospects of suburbs further up north? Like Mitchell? Much better than Wyndham?

ashish1137 likes this.
  6. ashish1137

yup, Mitchell and Macedon Shire.

Regards

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The next Melbourne suburbs tipped to boom - realestate.com.au

It certainly looks like Hoppers is now being promoted. $575k median is not bad...and about 23 klms from the city. Similar distance in the Southeast Melbourne would cost at 800k plus.

I am exiting out of SA....some BAs are thinking that just because there will be a handful tech jobs and submarines there it will boom. It has but it also settles for a long time. As for submarines...it is more likely Perth/Darwin where the new nuclear submarines will be based. If I was to choose given where SA is at...WA would be the better bet for capital growth over the next 2-5 years. SA will settle within the next 18 months as it has grown over 30% over the last 2 years. Once the median goes over 700-750k odd...it will slow considerably.

Last edited: 22nd Mar, 2022
    VICPER and Rambo like this.