WTF Daily Telegraph, You are getting worse!!!

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Dan Donoghue, 22nd Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Why would you write an article like this, it's the biggest load of garbage I have ever read: No Cookies | Daily Telegraph GIve them a property cycle and the same tabloid will write an article on how these guys were so smart to get into good debt.

jins13 likes this.
  2. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I think it's a great article. Scares away the people who are stupid enough to believe it and thus too stupid to manage a property portfolio.

bob shovel, jins13, TwoDogs and 2 others like this.
  3. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm very impresses that the reporter managed to cram so much grammar error, meaningless quotes, baseless statements, and statistics without a context in one short article!

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  4. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Very true, some of the comments on FB are hilarious: "Oh lets see how much they smile when the rates go up and the bubble bursts, they will be in millions of dollars of debt" and "Typical, they want to live the life of rich people" and "I would sooner be poor than have $1M worth of debt" That last one though lol, I thought to myself; well dear, I am pretty sure you have got that sorted ;)

Bayview, chylld and kierank like this.
  5. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

The same reporter probably thinks it is OK for a couple in Sydney to buy a $1.5M PPOR with a deposit of $300,000 (LVR 80%).

I know which couple I would be banking on to ride out any tough economic times.

Steven Ryan, chylld and Dan Donoghue like this.
  6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Very irresponsible journalism that's offered a limited perspective of the overall picture. I do appreciate the fact that there needs to be a certain level of caution and calculated risks taken. This same article was on the social media and the amount of comments that's aimed at the young couple were pretty narrow minded.

We spoiled in the fact that there are so many information and available resources in the click of a button, but in saying that I think it's created 'investors' who are still prefers to take the short cuts and want someone else to do the hard work for them. Takes the fun away away and at the end of the day there are repercussions of making a bad investment decision.