Wtb small block in Runcorn knock down rebuild scenario

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mich, 3rd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

@Mich

A big portion of that farmland looks prone to flooding accroding to council.

The Y-man

2. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I've always thought that just by driving past.

3. Mich

Mich Active Member

The plans have tKen that into account

4. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Is the Pallara new estate an option to Runcorn?
    Or Rochedale?

Mich likes this.
  5. Mich

Mich Active Member

Pallara is basically the back end of Inala and Acacia Ridge. Not a nice area and nothing there. Also Rochedale dont have the train station and all their buses dont go to the train station. Its crazy!!

6. Ed Barton

Que?

7. Mich

Mich Active Member

Sorry what does Que mean?

8. Sarah T

Sarah T Member

Do u need to b near a train station? Buses are cheaper.

9. Mich

Mich Active Member

Sarah no buses in that area go to my place of work. But the train station is just outside the door.unbelievable considering 5km to city hey!

10. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I think @Mich has put a lot of thought into her choice of location and has a strict criteria for her consideration.

As do I when I purchase homes are not a cheap purchase and you should put a lot of thought into these before making steps as you cannot change the location once purchased unless you sell but it is a costly experience. You can however change the house :)

Mich likes this.
  11. Ed Barton

What

(I'm not asking what. The answer is what)

Last edited: 5th Oct, 2016
  12. Ed Barton

Que? (lol)

River pussy, train, bus or donkey; the public transport cost is all the (very high) same in SEQ.

13. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Have you really done your sums?

You would be very lucky to get a block of land in Runcorn for under $400K. Then to complete even a fairly modest build will set you back around $150K unless you have the contacts and skills to owner-build.

So you are looking at a spend of around $550K. Even if you manage to snag absolute bargains, I really can't see you doing this for under $500K.

At this price point, you may do better by buying an existing house to live in.
    Marg

14. Mich

Mich Active Member

Yes its not a whim decision that I have taken lightly. I have been researching and considering for 18 months now. Due to my work position and family situation it is the most convenient in my budget- if I can find something in my budget- they dont come up very often. Í'm not worried about the train costs as it will only be $10 return each day. the whole idea is to go down to one car so the savings alone there will be massive and cover the extra home loan repayments (I am currently driving 2 hours everyday to commute).

15. Mich

Mich Active Member

Im still unsure what you are on about lol. If it was the reference to Inala and Acacia Ridge it is not a reflection on the people who live there (the best pho is Brisbane is in Inala) but its a much older suburb and not the facilities Im after but Im sure possibly very good investment potential. However I am seeking living not investing.

16. Mich

Mich Active Member

Marg my budget is $550 000. I have only been looking at existing builds for the last 18 months until I saw a few new builds go for around my budget as a knockdown rebuild project in Lemon Street and a few others, so now this is why I am also considering new build. I'm keeping my options open. Also, I'm not an investor, I just appreciate all your knowledge.

17. Ting

Ting Member

Today I went to Brisbane and I drove past Lemon St, you are right, now it's "Sold" sign. I wonder when those lots on the market, why you didn't go ahead if that is your most prefer choice??

18. Mich

Mich Active Member

Yer I wish I did but when they sold at the beginning of the year I was looking for an existing dwelling, then when I decided to go for new build they were already sold. I drove past last week so those signs must have just gone up. Ting do you live in the area?

19. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you haven't found anything in Runcorn in 18 months with a $550K budget. Values have increased quite a bit in that time so you chances now are nowhere near as good.
    Marg

20. Mich

Mich Active Member

We look at opens every weekend. There is heaps in our budget. We found what we are looking for at the start of the year but we weren't ready to commit at that time so missed out. The right one is worth waiting for!