Wow Melbourne likely to out perform Sydney this Cycle

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 17th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

What about that mob, I think they are called
    Aspect or Impact Homes...are they reasonably priced?

Edit. Was impact homes I was thinking of.

Last edited: 22nd Sep, 2017
  2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Ive called a few but not those guys..

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

ta connor...that looks promising they are rocketing through the build

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

exactly smart move...and your profits are hard profits in the current market

korando1234 and Cactus like this.
  5. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Toon, craigc and GetRIDof5CENTpiece like this.
  6. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@sash @ellejay all those doubters (hoppers seems to flying high) - not sure if it nation's best performing region but still never the less a good result

some may say it is like WA infrastructure boom or something but these aren't mining workers -they're ppl who buying for their kids to grow up in next to schools and their friends. Some may say chinese commies or herd mentality - but yeah u get the idea - can't blame it on them all the time by assumption.

That pt cook one below is slightly bigger than mine by 60-70sqm which i sold 6 months ago and even that is nearly breaching 600K. (300sqm+)

Melbourne’s southwest is Australia’s best for home price growth - realestate.com.au

upload_2017-10-19_10-9-59.png

Last edited: 19th Oct, 2017
    saray4, Connor and Cactus like this.
  7. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Nice one @melbournian. Lots of 'experts' starting to change their tune from the predictable "so much availability of land out there" position to 'hotspot" This will then throw more fuel on it, for another 2 years of (hopefully) double digit growth.

Connor likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Clearly its a price point. Could still see significant growth in outer burbs.

Apparently middle ring the development sites with DA approvals are not making sense anymore and investors out of this market now. Anyone buying these clearly lack experience, as this is indication that we are close to peak.

May see some softening or already started in some suburbs

9. melbournian

there will be a point where it plateau no doubt - but seriously there is so many other parts with opportunity for double digit growth - really depends on strategy and goal. unfortunately - as I am considering acquiring will just keep it to myself at this stage.

10. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Point Cook was a flat market for so long until about 18 months ago when it started to move. It had too.. As the rest of Melb boomed, it's price point vs location, amenities made alot of sense. Same can be said for Hoppers, Werribee etc.
    From what I'm seeing, owner occupier activity has increased dramatically in Point Cook, with many spending big $$ on their homes. Asking prices of 1M or more are not that uncommon.

Cactus and DowntownBlock like this.
  11. melbournian

yes it was I know first hand empty sales office to now queues full. And the times when it was flat - was the highest growth ever annualised led by Balwyn, Doncaster and glen Waverley in the east.

I think Melbourne has many many cycles for each individual suburbs. If ppl are saying it is at it's end of the cycle - it is for some suburbs no doubt (who is going to be buying in brighton or Balwyn now?) but there are still areas that will boom - just requires more research and on the ground

DowntownBlock and Connor like this.
  12. zed_kid

zed_kid Well-Known Member

The $1m+ sales are all coming out of Sanctuary Lakes. The ‘normal’ Point Cook is topping out at 800k on a nice block (700sqm or so)

13. melbournian

what is ppl forget is that many of the earlier land estates like feathebrook etc which have single dwelling convenants are going to expire in 2020. what that means is for those lucky with a corner block and big backyard - you can basically sub divide.

there itself is an opportunity

Cactus and Westie like this.
  14. DowntownBlock

DowntownBlock Well-Known Member

Very interesting