would you wear masks and gloves serving customers these days here or in usa?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by justine77, 9th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

How many of you would wear gloves and masks and wash hands regularly and stand a bit more back than usual from customers, if working in a shop here in australia or overseas. in usa.

In the best interests of the communit,y please get tested and do not enter here if you have cough, cold and flu symptoms.. We welcome you to return once you are better.

the governments should supply such signs so that it doesnt look like businesses are being mean and people dont take offence at businesses.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

if you are wearing gloves and touching surfaces and then touch your face you may as well not be wearing gloves

Can a face mask stop it spreading? Coronavirus facts checked

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I have a change of season dry cough ... went from near 40 last week to barely 20 this week. Makes me reluctant to go out and be blasted at

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

GPs will not test unless you are in one of the high risk categories.

• Go to bed.
    • Directly to bed .
    • Do not pass go.
    • Do not collect $200.
    • Self-isolate.
    Should I still wear gloves and a mask if my customers are in the US and I deal with them on-line? It's too hard to use the mouse with my ski gloves on. :rolleyes:

ellejay likes this.
  5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I have seen food counter staff handling money, taking smokos etc without taking their gloves off - I think they have no idea why they wear it in the first place.

The Y-man

ellejay likes this.
  6. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Good luck if you can get them . Around 2 weeks ago we got 4 boxes of Masks for a practice of around 8 Dr's
    Yesterday they announced they were releasing ? 260,000 masks from the reserve to GP's .

Around 20,000 GP's so around ten each .

Cliff

7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Not true . GP's won't test you ( unless they have the full protective gear .

You want a test . Referral from your GP to a pathology lab. RING before you go .

Present to one of the hospital based Clinics which started at the end of last week.

Given what happened in Melbourne over the weekend , more testing is being done and outside the guidelines .

Randoms with no symptoms , probably no .

Returned travellers even from low risk areas . Probably yes , especially if you have a runny nose etc ....

Health care workers with minimal risk , yes , including those who haven't travelled overseas , but work in higher risk areas.

My pet hate at the moment . I've asked so many patients if they've been overseas and apart from a couple of long term regulars who i know very well , none have . That's ******** .

Normally I will talk to more than one patient each day who's just returned and we have a chat about where they've been and what they did . NONE in two weeks . CRAP .

If people want the Medical profession to be there for you , ( which we all intent to do ) the first thing we need is Honesty . If you don't help look after us and keep us safe , we won't be able to do the same for you .

Cliff

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Mar, 2020
    ellejay, Jacque, Westminster and 2 others like this.
  8. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too. Wasn't there a later announcement which had numbers in the millions?