Would you let your tennant sublease your rooms?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by JamesC, 17th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. B7B

B7B Well-Known Member

There are insurance companies that provide co
    So basically you would agree then. Given there are plenty that do exactly what you ask.
    They also supply cleaners and gardening every 2 weeks, so have eyes in the house fortnightly not just 3 monthly. Kind of makes for a better rental outcome for you.
    Just like any tenant you will get good and bad.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. B7B

B7B Well-Known Member

We will have to agree to disagree on this re parents and little ones.
    There is definitely no increase on wear and tear, when comparing 4 individual adults in a house compared to a family of 4.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

The difference is that when a family of four applies for a rental, you are approving those four people.

When you approve to a head tenant, he/she can sub-let to anyone, and you have not vetted these people, have no clue who they are, and are relying on your head tenant to do the right thing.

I know there are head tenants doing this as a way to earn their own income. Some will do the right thing. Others will just look at the dollars.

craigc, Archaon and Michael Mitchell like this.
  4. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

I don't really have a choice....
    The act does not allow me to "unreasonably" refuse.
    I'm kinda counting on the fact that most who'll want to sublet don't wanna do this "on the book". They want to make under-the-table money from people who can't afford more then one room.

I'm also only rent to families, so much lower chances they will let strangers live with them.

5. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

A family of 4 have 2 parents who know they will be in the blacklist and won't be able to rent again anything decent...
    Most parents will be very wary to let that happen.

Michael Mitchell and wylie like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia