Would you allow dogs?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by PropertyInsight, 23rd Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Yes to dogs.
    No to cats.

Also, avoid carpet where possible.

But agree with other posters, tenants with pets generally make good tenants because they know how hard it is to find another place. Plus the ability to care for an animal usually means they tend to take care of the place too.

Obviously there are drop kicks who dont deserve pets, those ones i kick out or just decline their application.

My IP are all advertised as "Pets Considered".

For tenants who lie about the size of their dog and treat me / my PM as fools, they are instantly binned

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Doggie agrees - wooooof

upload_2017-11-24_10-22-41.png

Lil Skater, MTR and Westie like this.
  3. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

I always get quite frustrated when people don't accept pets- as an owner of an exceptionally well behaved dog who is fully toilet trained and doesn't bark or shed (and goes to the hairdresser more often than I do). That said, a few years ago when we were looking for a new rental, one of the places we looked at smelled HORRIBLE- I think the previous owner had a pet that constantly went inside, and they had floorboards! As for everything, there's always a minority that cause issues for the majority :)

I don't know that a lot of pet owners would consider this pet friendly- most people like to have their pets inside

4. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

One of our previous tenants thought it was a good idea to wear stiletto heels all around the house which has nice light coloured polished floorboards. Wearing it near/around the hallway I guess is fair enough as you're getting ready to leave but we found marks all over the place including kitchen, living/dining area, etc. Very weird

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

melbournian likes this.
  6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Take every application on its merits. Dogs tend to be about as well behaved as their owners, I've never yet had amazing tenants with a stinking and badly behaved dog tromping around the house.

Lil Skater, Westminster and Heinz57 like this.