Would u choose job u love or higher paid profession ?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by justine77, 8th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

I'm going though the exact same situation and am yet to find the right answer. However here's a question, do you really love the fun (lower paid) job for the work you do or is it just the work environment that you love? What if you could take your time and search for a higher paying job with a great work culture?

I stuck with the fun but "no career growth" job for 5 years and right now I feel uninspired to do anything at all. Mind you, people would kill to have my job - heck, the alcohol fridge at my work is always full it's amazing. But I find that no matter how much we tell ourselves that we love routines, as humans we need some growth every few years. So chances are that the job you love now won't be so loved in a few years.

Stoffo likes this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

We went thru it a few years back ... make triple the money in a pollution bound city in China or continue to live in clean beachside Australia. Was rather glad when we missed out on China.

Go with the gut ... it's usually right

Bunbury likes this.
  3. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

thank you. alot of food for thought.
    i have had others who said taht challenge when you are young can make it exciting. Time will tell. for the moment the job he is going for is from home so not extra clothing lunches transport.

re unbearable jobs for extra income, someone i know took a job in png for the much higher pay and ended up returning home early as they just couldnt hack the 2 year contract. . And that was someone with a very sweet natured that really doesnt complain.

someone said i can help him when he needs money,. well not really. I
    've had my own challenges. maybe small amounts. 20000 or 30000 more for lower income families is significant maybe more

its not just changing job to a harder job
    and maybe being isolated at home isntead of enjoying his appreciative boss and coworkers,
    he'd also have to study masters to really earn extra and i just dont see that happening in his marriage and with future young kids but time will tell.

and someone said wait for his inheritance.
    Well he might be waiting an awfully long time. i try to keep going to help my kids who need support in different ways. I might have another 30 or so years.we have longevity in our genes.

Lizzie likes this.
  4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

The common logic is that if you do what you love, the money will come.

5. Buyhouse1

Buyhouse1 Member

Your health is the most important thing. Working in a job you don’t like will affect your state of mind and your overall health and happiness.

David_SYD likes this.
  6. Ian87

Ian87 Well-Known Member

Time is a non renewable resource. Invest it wisely.

Bunbury likes this.
  7. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

Yes I hear u
    We see both sides
    Everything u each say is so valid .
    He said interview went well and If he gets it he ll

have a bit higher pay than now
    it will get him experience He needs towards cpa studies and masters studies and being an experienced accountant
    And he ll get health care which might help him and after a yr Of experience he could move on to a better accounting job to continue moving forward. He has experienced mentors guiding him and guiding the jobs he should go for .
    This one is local which helps if ever he needs to go in
    Others might b long commutes
    He can also still work In His current job on sundays to keep a foot in that door and because it’s low stress

8. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

You should work in Hong Kong. I believe the place enjoys all the Chinese and Western holidays. They celebrate Christmas and Easter, as well as Budda's birthday and Chinese New Year. The only one they have dumped is Queen's birthday ;) but added national foundation day:D. So, double benefits! :rolleyes:

9. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Need to find the Ikigai.
    upload_2020-9-25_19-45-37.png

10. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

Interesting that many are suggesting he should keep the easy, pleasant job he loves and work a side hustle and/ or a second job.

This means he’s now working his main job (albeit the job he enjoys) but would now also be trading his spare time which potentially turns the scenario into:

1. Continue working the job you enjoy but you’ll lose more of your spare time because you’ll need to work your side hustle

Or

2. You had a game plan, have a go at applying what you’ve learnt to a new role, extra cash, presumably normal hours, strive for progression, build a client base and develop a transferable skill set that you may be able to transition into a small business/ contracting role - for an extra $20,000/ year and increasing your lending capacity (all things being equal)

11. Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton Well-Known Member

You are the creator of your reality. You have a limiting belief going on.

You can have the enjoyable job and high paying too. Why limit yourself. Set out your intentions to meet all criteria.

The way to create your reality is to imagine it. Live in the end. In the feeling place. Imagine that it’s already yours. If you can imagine it you can create it!

You can have it all. You just need to have the faith.

Check out Neville Goddard and Abraham Hicks on the topic. :)