..Would This Worry You..

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by willair, 20th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

offer 1500$ more -hang in there- and tell them the offer stands for 4 days

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

I can tell from my experience when considering to bid in auction for a property like this in victoria. the previous tenant was murdered in the garden.

This is considered a stigmatized property and will require the agent to let you know that this has occurred. In the event that the agent doesn't you are entitled to walk away
    Also you are also require to disclose this if you sell later down the track, if however you subdivided etc took down the house, it is not required.

But irrespective on the day of auction, seems like in Melbourne no one cared, there were Asian bidders, greeks, Indians, builders and it went 100K over the reserve bought by an indian bidder.

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Still looking ,that first townhouse is still on the market and looking back it may have caused my daughter problems,looked at 7 so far and still waiting on the last offer she made on friday,, and as we now have the most important aspect of investing "Pattern-Recognition" in the small pockets
    in the area she wants..Interesting item once you do the numbers on what we have looked so far and the most from prices investors paid a few years back with all the brand new off the plan pre sold most will not make any money once you scale in the refits on these units ..Plus there is not first home buyer grant for 20 year old units ,that within itself scales down real fast..imho..

4. willair

Just to give an update..
    It's been 17 properties now 3 offers all those offers went nowhere..Early last week one was listed ,6 klm's from the central cbd--2 bed 2 bathroom auto one bay car lock top floor unit ,4 units in the brick tile complex on 812 sqm's kitchen bathroom hws AC units all less then fit-off 2 years old..

Plus when i asked the question "Why"the Agent just said the title holders have moved too the USA and want it sold quickly or under contract by mid next week it has to be sold this early next week best offer this weekend ..

Rang the Daughter as she was at work,and told her this is the best so far,
    and thinking back to what you read in this site about what See-Change said several times you have to act very fast and sometimes offer 10 k more as offering 40k less does not work in the small market we have in the target range so if you tell the agent everything they want to hear first ,then they may tell you something as they already know they have a sale in front of them..

Went back home did a title search ,the title holders bought the property in 2006 and as this may shock some people the listed price is over 70 k less then they paid in 2006..

Put an offer in Sunday,10k above the other offer,Agent rings back 10 minutes later,going back at 5 today with our daughter one more look then
    let the daughter signs ..once and if i can close this sale i will post the details just the waiting game over the next few hours..

Perthguy likes this.
  5. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

I would be more concerned about the serious flood zone factor. Insurers have been known to refuse to insure property in entire townships that have had severe flooding problems.

6. willair

Not in the flood zones it's on a hill that overlooks inner brisbane and i know full well what it's like too experience floods,inner city hillside you could see the fireworks from south bank from the deck,with all the otp multi levels unit on line in the area this small area within that markets within markets is being hammered in value range imho ..

7. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Ah ok sorry, your first post mentioned serious flood zones and I presumed you meant that this applied to this property.

8. willair

Daughter had the call from the agent about one hour ago,singed the contract around 6.30 tonight..Sent all the paper too the US they emailed back and signed for the price as they have purchased in the USA and need the funds and it's over 70 k less then they paid 7 years ago same agent sold it too them and too my daughter..30 days time there will be another property investor within the family..

9. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Wouldn't bother me as an IP or a PPOR.

10. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

I sort of get what @wylie was saying.. In my family houses being good or bad luck for you is actually a thing but only ones you live in!
    I would buy this as an IP though.

11. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Yes

12. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Hi Willair, in hindsight are you and your daughter glad you moved on from the suicide property and don’t need to worry about the stigma or negative consequences? An agent told me about a murder house for sale. Googling the address brings up lots of news articles. It is a really nice house but it’s a lifelong burden.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia