..Would This Worry You..

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by willair, 20th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks for all the reply's,We went along just after 4 this afternoon ,My Wife Daughter and me..There is only 6 in the complex,the brick fence and the letter-boxes at the entry point needs work as it looks like someones came home and wiped out the letter-boxes and about 3 sqm's of the front fence..

The townhouse is excellent brick and tile,maybe a bit of paint internal ,very little to spend..I went into the garage area spent a few minutes very solid brickwork everything seems normal ..

Daughter wants the night to think about it ,,will have all the BC in the morning ,and as i try to explain to her tonight,there is another townhouse in the same complex listed for 60k more then this one,and if you offer 25k less then the asking price the agent seems to think the ink will be dry on the contract..inner southside blue--chip..

Last edited: 20th Dec, 2016
    Perthguy, samiam and Angel like this.
  2. willair

Wylie i would buy this one ,,in my simple grade 10 maths there is maybe 60-80k waiting ,sometimes some people can smell the money once they walk in the door..

HUGH72, Stoffo and Perthguy like this.
  3. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Lol why didn't you throw the chair out before the tenants moved in? If only the tenants knew about that chair- you should have told them the death chair story I bet it would have been out on the lawn before you could blink!

4. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Just get your priest (or whoever your religious denomination entails), and get them to bless the house (or perform an exorcism), and all will be good afterwards :)

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Basically the house was uninhabitable when we bought it and being from Perth and renovating in Melbourne, we were on the clock and it got overlooked. I did consider selling it on ebay to an emo though ;)

Otie likes this.
  6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

@willair... if your caught decides against it, would you buy it yourself? Sounds like a bargain (but I still don't think I'd buy it). Would you consider it?

7. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

If your daughter says NO :oops:
    And you say no :eek:
    Then "sign me up" :D
    You can earn a BA/spotters fee :cool:

(Find it hard to believe in this day and age that this is an issue for some, people take their last breaths daily, I'd rather bite the dust at home in my own place, and, cemeteries, people are dying to get into them :rolleyes: )

NIKE, just do it :p

MikeyBallarat, Tim86 and Perthguy like this.
  8. willair

Our Daughter put a contract in late today
    Yes,put the contract in late today for our daughter,30 k lower then what we were told would close the sale..
    This time of year when everything shuts down they may want to finish it ,At least this way every contract that falls over is experience..

Luke T, Tim86, dmb1978 and 5 others like this.
  9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Good on her. Clearly, some people wouldn't buy it, but she has gone into this with your help and knowledge and obviously understands she may have issued when it is sold again. That is a better thing than finding out from the neighbours after she has settled.

Tim86 and samiam like this.
  10. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Good on her! I would be reluctant but can't ignore instant equity

WattleIdo and wylie like this.
  11. willair

Daughter just rang..Agent tells her the one person who has the final control will not sign on that price..I explained too our daughter and prepared what to say next as i knew going in that low may get this quick result,at least going in a shocking low ball offer you can go up..
    Daughter told the agent,even as when we went back late yesterday with my father as one of the owners came over and told us what had happened and that's why not ones interested and gave us the rundown and maintenance issues and as most are private owners ,All she said too the agent i'm still interested and if you want to work with me ,just go back ask the price which will settle it ,put that in the contract and we will work something otherwise we start again..

JenW, WattleIdo, Perthguy and 2 others like this.
  12. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

It takes two (or more) to make a contract. And time. "The offer remains for now" would be my position for the next few weeks.

Luke T, Gockie and willair like this.
  13. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Offer them another grand or two on top, or walk away leaving it open till next week.

Luke T likes this.
  14. myusernam

myusernam Well-Known Member

hell ill buy it pm me the address! once it has been tenanted for a lease it's all ancient history. Only need to drop the rent a bit to get someone in and then after that lease it's back to normal

Perthguy and Tim86 like this.
  15. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Damn someone send me the link

I'd buy in a heartbeat

16. SteveOption

SteveOption Member

Absolute Gold.
    Who said you can't be funny on a property investors forum?

Tim86 likes this.
  17. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

18. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Late to this thread - but yes I would buy a property that someone had suicided in, and in fact we did, about a year ago now. Group of 3 villas, tenant in villa 1 committed suicide while at home. Didn't affect how we felt about it, and the current tenants were aware of the history and it didn't bother them either.

willair likes this.
  19. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

My husband died in our lounge room. It never occurred to me to move out!!!! People die in various houses all the time.
    I know that not all deaths are disclosed when the houses are sold. I know of one where the neighbour wondered whether they should tell the buyers of a house that there had been a suicide there. It was not mentioned and all the neighbours that were there at the time, have now moved on.

willair and Perthguy like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia