VIC Worth buying in atherstone(melton south)?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tommy123, 7th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tommy123

Tommy123 Member

Hi, so I am looking at buying a property first to live in but later to sell. Was looking at nice homes in atherstone but they are asking very high prices for melton south (460k). I am told they have a train station coming soon which would boost value. I don't like how far it is from the city and would make my life a little bit harder with commuting. Is it worth buying in that area? Or has the ship sailed already? Thanks for replies

2. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Why not by an established house near the actual Melton train station?

3. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

Hi, read more in Werribee topic and other relevant topics, so you can get more understanding about the area. Are you in a rush to buy?

Tommy123 likes this.
  4. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

There is a proposed station promised for next year Lendlease Communities welcomes new train station for Atherstone | Atherstone News . Although Melton is a long way out, this is balanced by the service (albeit low frequency) being V/Line, so it's a 40 minute trip to the city v. an hour from (say) Frankston. But .... there's also a proposal to extend electrification to Melton, in which case Toolern might go to stopping surburban trains, see Electrification of the Melton rail line could solve a number of problems for Ballarat commuters

Tommy123 likes this.
  5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

When i read electrifying of trains, a steam powered coal train came to my mind!

6. Tommy123

Tommy123 Member

Ok thanks will do. Well looking at other houses sold in that area, 460-470 is on the lower side and I dont want to miss the boat. Theres similar houses selling for 510k. Atherstone does have great future plans but I am still wondering why the houses are worth that much right now with very little infrastructure? But then again everywhere else has really jumped up in price. A few people I know suggested atherstone as a great investment due to the train station coming.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  7. Tommy123

Tommy123 Member

might be worth having a look. Thanks

8. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

May be good times ahead!

Attached Files: