World Indices Roundup 2021

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by TickerHound, 24th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

While I have literally no idea what was said in the analysis, I'm most intrigued as to how it's going?

2. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased with the forecasting outcome. If one were to read the text and follow along I think I've been able to provide warning of approaching periods for a possible important high and then how these have passed as the wave structure expands and consumes more time....but eventually wave structure clears up and the high occurring just becomes a waiting game.

3. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

Price bars are used to create NEoWave charts. Price behaviour (e.g. size of move, speed of change, retracement extent) is used to complement NEoWave logic or pattern identification which together allow NEoWave market forecasts to be made.

Prior to the new overnight all-time-high in SPX price behaviour was becoming inconsistent with the forecast that a major top had occurred. The decline from the previous all-time-high began losing momentum, its size failed to exceed the size of the largest Minute wave counter trend move of the larger Minor wave X symmetrical and the extent of retracement from the early October low began signalling the uptrend of the larger wave degree (Minor wave X) was not over. This was eventually followed through with the achievement of a new all-time-high.

It is now a waiting game to see if Minute wave ((i)) ends soon. It must for the logic to remain correct that a larger degree symmetrical (Minor wave X) is present. In the attached chart after tweaking the duration of Minute wave ((h)) Minute wave ((i)) is still just longer in duration than 1.618x (78 bars) the average duration (48 bars) of the other waves that are considered to be of similar duration. This is not fatal, as there are already six waves of similar duration, the absolute minimum for a symmetrical. It can also be seen how Minute wave ((i)) has moved outside of the trend lines of the symmetrical as momentum has been declining.

Minute wave ((i)) is also longer than what would be considered the maximum length possible for Minute wave ((i)), the combined duration of Minute waves ((f)) + ((g)) + ((h)). The defence for this is that at major market tops and bottoms NEoWave rules have been observed to be broken.

SPX 450 minute NEoWave chart 22 October 2021.png

SPX 450 minute NEoWave chart w time boxes 22 October 2021.png

ALT likes this.
  4. PCHouse

PCHouse Well-Known Member

Very quiet in here. Will be interesting to see what effect the new CV variant Omicron has on markets in the next few weeks.

As expected, sharp decline on breaking news. Minor blip, or more to come?

5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

The uncertainty of the new covid variant has spooked and will continue to spook the financial markets IMO. This may create unique opportunities on those markets.

Apparently the boffins are studying this new variant and there is still some uncertainty as to how bad it may be. Fingers crossed. I just hope those boffins aren't related to the Mt Druitt, boot of the car, meth technicians lol

willair likes this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Everything that is going on at the moment as it seems to me are all links together..
    Plus looking at the O/S markets the next few weeks or months will go back too the where we started before covid and after 'Covid'..

7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

This new variant could all be a storm in a teacup. They, the boffins, aren't sure if it's more deadly. There's no evidence that it is. AND current vaccines MIGHT work .

This is what I've found:

What’s known and not known about the new variant

Boffins know that omicron is genetically distinct from previous variants including the beta and delta variants, but do not know if these genetic changes make it any more transmissible or dangerous. There is no indication the variant causes more severe disease.

It will likely take weeks to sort out if omicron is more infectious and if vaccines are still effective against it.

P. Openshaw, a boffin of medicine at Imperial College London said it was “extremely unlikely” that current vaccines wouldn’t work, noting they are effective against numerous other variants.

Even though some of the genetic changes in omicron appear worrying, it’s still unclear if they will pose a public health threat. Some previous variants, like the beta variant, initially alarmed scientists but didn’t end up spreading very far.

“We don’t know if this new variant could get a toehold in regions where delta is,” said Peacock of the University of Cambridge. “The jury is out on how well this variant will do where there are other variants circulating.” To date, delta is by far the most predominant form of COVID-19, accounting for more than 99 per cent of sequences submitted to the world’s biggest public database.

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I was going to deposit around $100k into my superannuation today, but have decided to hold off for now.

Right now my super is in "defensive" because I moved it there a few weeks ago - so it's not growing, but not falling.

It seems pointless to put $100k in if I'm keeping it in defensive. I'll watch and wait.

Brumbie likes this.
  9. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

I'm with you, went defensive on Super a couple of months ago, will move back into the market soon. Also have some $ ready.

10. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

Isn't the market starting to turn now the fed has acknowledged they will need to fight inflation

11. TickerHound

TickerHound Well-Known Member

We are seeing some classic late bull market action.

The larger stocks have been holding up the US indexes while there has been distribution in the stocks underneath. This is why watching just the indexes can be misleading.

There are few - if any - stocks setting up in, or breaking out from, attractive and sound bases. This meant the failed rally on Wednesday didn't seem surprising. A market correction and/or time is needed for new leading stocks to form sound bases.

George Smiley likes this.